3. Carnival Liberty
Last minute change from Valor to Liberty wasn't a problem. We were on the Valor last May and the only difference between the two boats are their names. We were traveling with another couple and wanted to keep the same cabins next to each other. That wasn't an issue since our cabin reassignments were the same, even the same cabin numbers as we had booked on the Valor. We were on the Lido deck were our rooms were right beyond the pool and bar area. Very convenient and not noisy as you would think being so close to the pool and bar areas. The balcony windows need to be replaced, but this was a minor issue for us. The only noticeable difference between the two boats was we could hear the engines and feel them vibrating underneath us wherever we were on the boat. None of us remember the noise or vibrating on the Valor. Could that have something to do with the time of year? Water temperature? We were on the Valor in May and Liberty in January. The water was smooth on both so I'm not sure what the difference was this time. No big deal, just noticeable. We always do FTTFand it is WELL worth it. Embarking and disembarking was effortless! The food was hit and miss on the buffet (lunch and dinner) and in the dining room. The pizza was good on the Valor, but this time it was absolutely horrible. Paper thin, no sauce, no cheese, no taste - zero substance. The breakfast buffet was average - at best. The lunch/dinner buffet was much better, but little difference from one night to the next as far as variety. The dining room food was fairly good one night and average the next. Again, little difference as far as the variety from one night to the next. The desserts (regardless of where you got them) all taste the same...tasteless. They lack flavor (sugar?) and look a lot better than they actually taste. This is definitely not the cruise for people who like good food. Guy's burgers are awesome, but still not something you want to eat every day for lunch and every night for dinner. Dining hours were too restrictive for us and after 9:30 PM it's either horrible pizza or deli sandwiches, which were just okay. Again, this cruise is not for those who like a good variety of food, good-tasting food, and food at any time. We went to the comedy club on two different nights and again it was hit and miss. Hysterical one night, not so much the next. The staff overall was very friendly and attentive. We had excursions in both Freeport and Nassau and you guessed it, hit and miss. Mostly due to the weather which is not something Carnival can control. The water in Nassau was too cold so we just hung out on the beach. We booked the all inclusive Beach Getaway and the drinks were very good and the food was too. The servers tended to the paying customer's and seemed to overlook those of us who had prepaid. We were good tippers but that made little to no difference. The in-cabin shore excursion channel needs to focus more on what each excursion has to offer and less on just trying to sell the excursions. In an effort to speed through each excursion only to keep repeating the same information, they should spend a little more time detailing and/or comparing what each excursion has to offer. They'd probably sell more excursions this way since they are definitely not cheap. The Dine-In movies were hit and miss. Hard to please everyone so I don't have an opinion one way or another. We did plenty of gambling and the machines seemed to pay just enough to keep you playing which is to be expected. In the end, we all lost a couple of hundred dollars, but again, we expected that. It would have been nice to win enough to pay for the cruise but if you play expecting to win you will be disappointed. The live bands in the casino every night played a great variety of popular songs from the 70's and 80's and they were all very good. Next time I hope to frequent the Spas. I'll be sure to do my homework and read the reviews before I book anything. All in all, it was a good cruise. It was only my 2nd cruise so I'm not an expert by any means. The only tips I can offer is spend the extra $50 for FTTF and pack less. On both cruises, I packed way more than I needed. For me, being comfortable was more important than being fashionable.

Win some, lose some

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by mrsqtness

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The staff overall was very friendly and attentive.

mrsqtness’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9293
Pro - Ample closet and storage space. Plenty of pillows and comfortable bed. Very conveniently located.

Con - Balcony windows old and need to be replaced.

Overall - Room was decent sized and clean. Air worked well.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins