3. Island Princess
This re-positioning cruise was perfect for us, as we only had to fly one way. We boarded in Vancouver, having taken the ferry over from Victoria. We had a lovely mini-suite (as we did previously on our cruise to Hawaii) and our cabin steward was outstanding. We were at the aft end of the vessel (Island Princess) so there was some vibration from the propellers, but that's to be expected. I particularly like Deck 9 on the Princess ships (not sure why...but I always stay on Deck 9) The food of course was outstanding. The entertainment excellent. My only criticism would be that when we went for hors douvres in the lounge for Platinum and above, the music was awful. I looked around and I'd venture to say the average age was 70. So why were we subjected to the likes of Mylie Cirus screaming her head off? The DJ should have been more aware of the audience in the lounge and played "elevator music." The ports were all wonderful and the excursions fantastic. We even went zip-lining, and at age 67 for me and 78 for my friend (female) it was pretty gutsy! I found the announcements from the Captain were very difficult to understand. He spoke far too quickly and in a very heavy Italian accent. He obviously can't help his accent, but he should know that if he slowed down his delivery, he'd have had a much better chance of being understood. But all in all, a superb cruise again on Princess!

As always, a wonderful cruise on Princess

Island Princess Cruise Review by Notned2

The food of course was outstanding. The entertainment excellent.

But all in all, a superb cruise again on Princess!
Notned2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D 708
Spotlessly clean, always felt "fresh" and the mini-suite afforded us lots of room. Just perfect!
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins