Island Princess Cruise Review
1,190 Reviews

As always, a wonderful cruise on Princess

Island Princess Cruise Review by Notned2

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This re-positioning cruise was perfect for us, as we only had to fly one way. We boarded in Vancouver, having taken the ferry over from Victoria. We had a lovely mini-suite (as we did previously on our cruise to Hawaii) and our cabin steward was outstanding.

We were at the aft end of the vessel (Island Princess) so there was some vibration from the propellers, but that's to be expected. I particularly like Deck 9 on the Princess ships (not sure why...but I always stay on Deck 9)

The food of course was outstanding. The entertainment excellent.

My only criticism would be that when we went for hors douvres in the lounge for Platinum and above, the music was awful. I looked around and I'd venture to say the average age was 70. So why were we subjected to the likes of Mylie Cirus screaming her head off? The DJ should have been more aware of the audience in the lounge and played "elevator music."

The ports were all wonderful and the excursions fantastic. We even went zip-lining, and at age 67 for me and 78 for my friend (female) it was pretty gutsy!

I found the announcements from the Captain were very difficult to understand. He spoke far too quickly and in a very heavy Italian accent. He obviously can't help his accent, but he should know that if he slowed down his delivery, he'd have had a much better chance of being understood.

But all in all, a superb cruise again on Princess!

Notned2's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D 708

Spotlessly clean, always felt "fresh" and the mini-suite afforded us lots of room. Just perfect!

The Arch (El Arco) & Lover's Beach

Very enjoyable but didn't particularly like the little beach restaurant we were taken to. And of course, you can't walk on the beach without some hawker is bothering you!

View All 37 The Arch (El Arco) & Lover's Beach Reviews
San Francisco

We've been to San Francisco a number of times so didn't need to take a tour.

Victoria

We live in Victoria, so just got off the ship to buy some bottles of juice.

Notned2