My wife and I wanted to experience cruising on Oceania as we had heard much about their ships and the dining reputation. This was our first Oceania cruise but our 10th overall on various other cruise lines. We chose this route from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso, called Southern Holidays, because of the convenient holiday voyage (Dec. 19th to Jan. 5th). I must say the Marina is a beautiful ship with about 1250 passengers in total. All the shore excursions were very nice too and of good value. Where things start coming unwound is in the dining venues and more particularity in the kitchen(s). Our food in most all areas was cold and the coffee was about as mediocre as we have ever tasted. We learned that one couple brought their French coffee press and made their own each morning. We would go into the Concierge Lounge, on our deck 9, each morning and use the espresso machine to make a better cup of morning coffee. We enjoyed the Terrace Cafe and the variety of food offerings up on deck 12 but this was the biggest area of "cold food problem". As an example, you would be served your entree section and some vegetables on a very hot dinner plate that you would have to take, from your server, with a paper towel. Walking directly back to your table and you began eating, the first thing you noticed is the vegetables were just warm, not hot at all. This happen time after time. I am sorry to have to report this as we never would have suspected this on Oceania! I need to add also that there were a number of "fake food" items, like their hamburger meat and their East Indian dishes. A final dining tip, "The Red Ginger" specialty restaurant is the best one on board and the Chilean Sea Bass is unbelievably great! We really loved our cabin #9003 and our cabin stewards, Yana & Christopher, were super and kept things neat and tidy during our cruise! And finally, Oceania's on board Wi-Fi is fine but their "Connect@Sea technology" is so far behind other lines like Princess Cruises that even the on board IT gentleman was a bit frustrated. He told us that some day Oceania will work out the bugs.

A Real Suprise

Scottie Mac’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Concierge Level
Cabin A3 9003
A big shout out to Yana & Christopher for keeping things so neat and tidy always!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins