3. Independence of the Seas
After reading the mixed reviews on here about the Independence of the Seas(mostly the food) I was a little concerned.... but I was pleasantly surprised that we had a very nice cruise. The weather was chilly the first 2 days and very windy the whole time but you can't control the weather. We at at the Windjammer buffet 4 out of 5 nights and was very please with the quantity and quality of the food. We always start with salad at dinner time and they salad bar was very fresh and had plenty of choices. The carving station had very good meet, one night was prime rib, one night or two was pork and the last night had roast turkey that was delicious. By the time we had the salad and meat and a few side dishes we were stuffed each night. There were many side dishes and meat dishes to choose from and if u found ones u didn't like there were plenty more to choose from to get your fill. Lunches were also good with salads, sandwiches, soups and many hit dishes if u desired. All in all we enjoyed the lunches and dinners very much. On the negative side the desserts were bland and mostly not worth eating. And the biggest disappointment food wise was the breakfast... the scrambled eggs were tasteless and the bacon horribly undercooked and the pancakes French toast etc.. also were very bland. We only at breakfast in the buffet one time , the rest of the mornings we had room service bring us a small breakfast and the enjoyed lunch a little later since we don't get up real early that worked out fine. We only ate in the dining room one night and the food was ok and the service was great but we enjoyed not having t o be at dinner at a certain time and enjoyed the food in the buffet better. Af for our cabin, We always get one of the cheapest rooms on board and again was pleasantly surprised with our cabin. The room was more spacious than on Majesty or Sovereign and for this reason I wouldn't go back on Majesty or Sovereign again with this room being so much nicer and bigger for the cheap room. The bathroom is still tiny and smelled a little like urine the first day but I mentioned it to our stateroom attendant and he did his best to help . Our stateroom attendant was pleasant but not overly friendly. He did his job well but could have been a little friendlier with us. The entertainment was pretty good. We never got to see Grease because we were too busy doing other things. The other show and contest we fun.

Very Nice Cruise

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by dardar14701

dardar14701’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

The cabin was bigger than on Majesty or Sovereign of the seas so that mad us happy and I won't return to this two ships knowing that the cheap rooms on Independence are bigger and nicer. Overall we get the cheap rooms because are nt in the room much and it was fine.
  Independence of the Seas Deck Plans

• City Tour
    We got on a bus at about 930 and we were on the bus more than sightseeing. we drove for about 45 min before we stopped any place . we stopped at a beautiful little church , an overlook which was very pretty, a store to shop in, and the beach. Our guide was good about telling us information about the area, which helped make it a little more interesting, but I thought we were going to stop ay more places of interest. When we finally got to the beach, our guide tried to tell us where to sit, in these chairs that were all in the shade. I nicely told her I would be over in the sun and she didn't seem to like that but she was ok after that. The tour was only 39.00 each and its a good thing I didn't pay more than that because I would have been irritated if I had for what we got.
    View All 48 City Tour Reviews