Previous experience with this cruise line was extremely enjoyable. We were anxious to have repeat experience. This cruise line is a bit pricier than many other choices, however, this cruise was most disappointing. The food was mediocre at best. Entertainment was painfully absent. I realize it is a small ship and in unusual ports, but aside from scheduled tours (of which many were cancelled) next to nothing for entertainment while on-board. Let me say, the staff was excellent (with few exceptions) and the land tour operators (Akorn Destination Management Company) were wonderful. Extremely efficient and accommodating. We had an unusual experience. One of our party was admitted to the hospital in Cape Town, for a 4 day stay, due to unexpected illness. We were unable to sail with the ship. The Hospital, Doctor's, hotel, and Akorn assisted us beyond expectations. When discharged, Oceania team offered to arrange transportation home, allowing less than two hours to pack, travel to airport and board plane to home or travel forward and pick up the ship in a port which the ship had determined unsafe to stop. (weather or political reasons unknown). Oceania advised me we would have to travel to Maupoto, Mozambique a day before the ship was to arrive and make our own arrangements to stay overnight at a hotel. They also advised we had two hours to decide as it was Dec. 23 and they intended to close the office and go home for the holidays. In the meantime, Akorn was in communication with us and had advised us the ship was not going to Mozambique. It would stay an extra night in Richard Bay. After some discussion with Oceania, they advised us to work with Akorn, as they had JUST received word of the ship's altered destinations. I was halfway around the world from home, and Oceania had no idea what was going on. This was a very scary experience. I cannot begin to consider sailing with Oceania again, anytime soon. As per ratings below: Aside from our unexpected situation, the ship is very small. The cabin, although Concierge Veranda, was extremely small, Dining in Grand Dining room was lovely and staff was very accommodating most of the time. Embarkation from all ports visited was efficient. One of very few enrichment experience offered was Cruise Director offering Photo Experience of his stops to orphanages, while traveling. Commendable but three sessions of this was a bit much. Overall Entertainment was weak. Only one show per evening. If you wished to see it, you needed to have early dining which is quite crowded and this is where we had the less than great experience. (most cruises offered two showings). The casino was not open all of the time the ship was at sea. I was shocked to have the casino manager come to me at midnight to advise the casino was closing within 5 minutes. The shops opened within 30 minutes of leaving port but not the casino. What little public space remained, aside from the pool area, should be reconfigured. Very truly yours, Scroamers

Very Disappointing

scroamers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Nautica price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A3 7021
The cabin was quite small but the service of the staff for this cabin was excellent.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins