We will never travel on Oceania again. Rampant sickness -- the previous sailing of the Marina also had sickness involving the crew and passengers. It carried over to our cruise. My wife was violently ill for more than 18 hours. The response from the medical center was terrible. My wife never saw or spoke to the doctor, who nonetheless prescribed a course of treatment that involved taking antibiotics that had the same side effects that she was already experiencing. The nurse could not have been more dis-interested, except to make sure that we were quarantined. Oh yes, and please sign these releases authorizing Oceania to charge you for the medical services even though the nurse told us that the costs would be covered by Oceania .... and please sign this release authorizing Oceania to release medical and other information to such organizations as the FBI (I am not making this up!!!!). I refused to sign. Poor service -- a waiter in one of the restaurants made a sarcastic and demeaning comment to my wife when she was inquiring about a menu item. It ruined our evening and we ended up leaving the restaurant and eating elsewhere. Dealt with Reception Services on 3 separate occasions. First expressed concern about being charged for a particular service, given assurances that it would not be charged, then having to deal with them to get it removed from our bill. When my wife was ill I went to the medical center (closed of course!), then read the sign that said go to Reception Services if an emergency. Reception Services response -- "we are not medical people, wait until the medical center opens up and get in line". Why have a sign that refers you to Reception Services for help if no help is available? Because we believed that the ship remained unsafe (sickness continued to grow in numbers), we decided to leave the ship at the next available port of call after quarantine was lifted. I was presented with a bill that included payment for shore excursions that were part of the original cruise package, including ones that we were not able to take because of quarantine and ones that were scheduled after we left the ship. I was also charged for other items that were not supposed to be included. It took some effort to have them removed, but not without "attitude" on the part of the Reception Services staff. Poor Communications It was difficult to get information about what was going on around the ship with the sickness. There was both the "official" announcements and the information provided by individual crew members. The information from crew members proved to be more reliable (the "official" announcements only gave the bare information and only what they wanted you to hear). Some services were "temporarily closed", but in fact never opened. Even Poorer Response When we told them we were getting off the ship because it was unsafe (because of the sickness) we asked for compensation. We were referred to "Guest Relations" in Miami. What a joke that is. Guest Relations does not talk to guests. You have to write them and they will get back to you within 3 weeks (maybe). Well, it took a lot longer than 3 weeks and of course the response was we will give you the equivalent of 2 days cruise credits so long as you use them in the next 12 months. Everyone who was affected received a letter from the ship's Master with this offer (except us of course). In short, we paid good money, and Oceania offered us something of no value in return. Oh yes, it took more than 7 weeks before anyone even offered an apology.

We will never travel on Oceania again.

Marina Cruise Review by notatall

We will never travel on Oceania again.

Poor Communications