3. Silver Shadow
So I chose EXCELLENT over VERY GOOD because it was in between. Here are a few of the highlights. Silver Shadow - Second time on the ship. We did Alaska in May. Yes, SS is a bit tired, but still ranked #14 in the world. Veranda cabins are spacious and have....verandas. Went to dry dock for two weeks when we got off at Singapore. Personally, I love the ship. Loyalty Program - My #1 beef with Silversea. You want me to give you $20,000 a year in advance for a 5% discount? What? I'm from Las Vegas where loyalty is REWARDED. 20% discount would have my interest, but there are far too many alternatives in the cruise industry to pay a year in advance for 5%. And what about my casino play? And $5,000 in shore excursions? No reward for that either. And the fact I have multiple cruises with you. I like Silversea, however I'll be shopping the next couple of trips to other providers. Shore Excursions - Silversea needs a system so customers can rate the shore excursions. All we have is the promo material provided by Silversea. And they need to be more selective with their Tour Guides. We had a couple that was supposed to be our Tour Guide one night. Instead of splitting up in the two vans, the rode together and left us on a busy street corner in Ho Chi Minh. Thanks. F&B - Read all the comments. I would agree. It's hit and miss. Liked "Restaurant" on level four for lunch, Le Champagne is consistent ($40 upcharge), La Terazza is just OK. Desserts were below par. Waited close to an hour for food at The Grill. Smoking and Drinking - Smoking is reserved for The Humidor and a couple specific areas on the boat, yet we saw people smoking on the deck of La Terazza. I smoke cigars, so no issues from me, but several customers were complaining. Drinking is fine if people don't turn it into a Carnival drunken cruise fight. We had a bad experience out by the pool. Some folks brought a radio and were blasting it as they got hammered on Tequila. And I do mean hammered. Silversea is lucky they did not fall on the pool deck and crack their heads. Boo! Kids - I have no issues with kids being on the boat, however they need to act appropriately and abide by the dress code. Several teenagers boarded at one of the ports. Guessing they were related to the crew. First they are running up and down the halls. I get it...they are happy to be here. Then they show up at the show later in beachwear. Heard several guests mumbling about it. Drunk Guests, Part 2 - Remember the fools above that got liquored and were disruptive at the pool? They showed up the next day for an early tour looking three shades of green. Ain't alcohol grand? Did I mention they were 15 minutes late, so 40 of us got to sit in the heat and humidity waiting for them. If guest are late...LEAVE THEM. Then they bailed on the tour halfway through and took a taxi back to the ship. For 12 days, every time I saw them, they were drinking. Hey, try the Carnival next time. Shore Excursions, Part 2 - Had one other issue with the tours. We took the Perfume River tour in Vietnam and it was non-stop soliciting. At the first rest stop and for the entire river cruise. It's one thing to have a merchandise table, it's something completely different to have a floating swap meet with people in your face the whole time trying to sell you t-shirts. Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore - We truly enjoyed the trip. Vietnam and Thailand are outstanding. Specifically, Ho Chi Minh and Bangkok. I'm posting this on TripAdvisor and CruiseCritic and sending it to the executives at Silversea as well. Not complaining or judging, just to help them enhance their service levels.

Silversea Silver Shadow - Hong Kong to Singapore (January 2017)

Silver Shadow Cruise Review by mwayman