• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin:
Traveled with children
a mix of family fun

My family and I decided to go on a Carnival cruise for my grandfathers' birthday since none of us had ever been on a cruise before and it sounded like something the kids would enjoy as much as the adults. And I've got to say... I am very impressed.

The kids had an absolute blast on the waterslides and pool- which conveniently had seating around the area so we could put down stuff and sit down. They also loved the mini-golf course, free ice-cream/pizza and enjoyed going to the Camp Ocean together when the adults needed a break.

The only issue we had with the onboard activities was with our teenage girls (13 and 15) who felt that there wasn't much for them to do during the day and they didn't enjoy the teen club. But they really really had great fun watching the brilliant shows in the theatre ( Pharaoh's Palace) and the "Dive In" Movies during the night.

Cabin Balcony

We chose the balcony accomodation to fit our children and had the rest of the family next door to us. The rooms were quite spacious and so were the bathrooms - they had one large shower, one sink and a toilet. There was also a tv which has movies & channels to suit everyone when we weren't out exploring the boat.

Port Reviews