• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Oasis of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
51 Awards

Bigger is not always better.

Review for Oasis of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean
rferri1000
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

My wife and I and friends left Port Canaveral on a 7 night stay on the Oasis of the seas. This would be our 6th time on RC ships. We chose the Oasis simply because it was large and convenient to us. We live on the west coast of Fl. Getting on was fairly quick. But once on, we began the arduous task of bumping with 6000 people. We had a difficult time asking for "Mytime" dining times. Probably beause of the amount of people. The first night dining was OK, nothing special. The food was just mediocre. I have a passion for Escargot, but this time, it was chewy, gritty, and a funny taste afterward. Disappointed.

The next day there were no usual gang of staff members dancing around the upper deck trying to brighten up a gray day. No waiters with a special drink to offer. Matter of fact, at any time of the trip.

The shower was the worst. The mixing valve for hot cold was not working correctly. You wait to get the right mix, then get in, and then ice cold water, then scolding hot. Complained, complained, complained, but never fixed. Always beating around the bush with no resolution. To make a long story (7days) short. I had the worst time on a cruise ship that I ever had. The usual fancy artwork of towels was not cutting it this time. The ship needs more signage, more restrooms, less people or more elevators.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin Q

Poor plumbing. Could have better cleaning.

Port Reviews