3. Navigator of the Seas
For those reading this review, please understand that I write it from my perspective based on my experiences cruising. My wife and I booked this cruise based on the itinerary. We are retired and decided to drive from S.C. to Miami for the cruise. Never having been to St Augustine, Fl, this allowed us to visit there and we were not disappointed. We have sailed a number of cruise lines but this was the first with RCI. Celebrity is our line of choice but thought due to the business relationship RCI and Celebrity have, it couldn't be that much different. WRONG. We parked at the terminal parking which was a great idea for us. We took our luggage from the trunk, and crossed the street onto the ship with little, if any, issues. Upon return, we got off the ship with no issues created by RCI. The dock personnel had two speeds which were slow and stop. Customs personnel were great and efficient. It was the individuals between RCI and Customs, who acted as if they had better jobs waiting for them elsewhere. We took our own bags off the ship as we were right across the street in the garage. The terminal had ONE elevator working and he escalator was broken. The elevator could accommodate maybe six people with luggage. Navigator of the Seas needs to be taken out of service for a few weeks and dressed up. It needs some overlooked TLC. RCI had workers, during daytime hours, chipping paint from hinges on doors and from nuts and bolts....all over the ship.....or at least everywhere I was, while trying to relax and read. They had these little hammers and just kept tapping. One day, while I was at the solarium pool, taking in some sun, I got up to find many, many chips of white pain all over me from the chipping crew above. They were chipping paint from the nuts holding the railing on the above deck. I reported this to guest services and they were sorry. The chippers followed me to deck 12 aft, the following morning. RCI should have utilized this labor to maybe wash a few windows, repair window calking, fix pool chairs, etc. But no, let's chip paint while cruising through the trade winds. Activities were fine and par with other cruises I've been on. I find the smell of body odor, repulsive. I found out that RCI charges it's wait staff for laundry services. Our waiter at dinner shared this information with us. I know that certain cultures do not have an issue with body odor, but I would think that perhaps, RCI could wash it's staff uniforms in the interest of those who find the smell offensive. How the staff's personal clothing and cabins smell, would remain their business. The service in general was average. I am very aware of the service industry being a tough job and I always make it a point to reward those who can maintain a positive disposition while working on a cruise ship. I'm sure I'd be incarcerated somewhere if I had to do that job. Our cabin attendant, Elroy, maintained. The person taking egg orders every morning was consistently had a bad disposition. If she was happy, she was not telling her face. All other staff services were a crap shoot as to the individual being pleasant or miserable. Including folks with things on their shirt shoulders . Once again, someone may read this who was on the same cruise, and walk away feeling differently. I can only compare it to cruise lines who seem to take care of their working staff. To have contract personnel with like attitudes, is a direct reflection on management. If management does not care about it's staff, or the policy in securing it's staff, then that management does not care about me. Yes, I did E-mail RCI, my second day at sea. To date, they have not responded. If you have never cruised and are entertaining the thought, please read reviews and know that there are no free lunches. In closing, Giovani's Table (a restaurant on the ship) was, hands down, the best food on the ship. Included meals were average. If you wanted coffee at 6:00 am, you had to walk to deck 5 to get it, or wait the 45 minutes to have it sent, warm at best, to your cabin. BUT, if you want to buy a truck load of gin, there are bars everywhere.

Disappointed

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by barryod

Activities were fine and par with other cruises I've been on.

Yes, I did E-mail RCI, my second day at sea. To date, they have not responded.

barryod’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Fine, but like the rest of the ship, in need of a dress up.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans