3. Crystal Serenity
My wife has never been to the east coast and I have on business. I wanted her to see the fall colors of New England so we booked this cruise. We did not get off to a great start, their shore people were pretty rude. But our butler was phenomenal and the staff onboard was great with one exception.. I mentioned that I enjoy having Baileys in coffee as a nightcap and a couple of hours later there was a full bottle of Baileys in our cabin which I enjoyed for the duration of our cruise. My wife and I are private people and enjoy eating in our cabin rather than in the dining room. Our butler did a wonderful job of of taking care of this task for us. I still remember his"Happy Good Morning" when I would call him for a request. He did a great job of taking care of any special requests we had. The staff onboard were really great too. Anywhere you went the staff was helpful and courteous. This was especially true for the dining room and specialty dining. Speaking of which, I was able to get sushi onboard, a treat for me. Dining was definitely four star. The one disappointment was a person organizing the grouping for a tour. They got really grumpy when we were late and missed the boat to shore. We have not cruised with Crystal before and did not know where to look for the start times of the tours. So I checked with the front desk for the start time but they gave me the wrong time. Eventually they refunded the price of the tour. But all in all I would rate the staff on board as excellent. The ports were great. The mansions in Newport were spectacular and the history in Boston was wonderful. We opted for a private tour booked by our travel designer and followed the freedom trail. Bar Harbor and Nova Scotia were also interesting ports. The time in the ports was generous and the small size of the ship made for easy on and off. In general the tours were good. We did go on one where they turned us loose to walk through town and did not give us good directions for the place to meet back up with the bus. So we walked past it and had to rely on directions from a local to get back to it. But we did enjoy the tours. On one tour where we had lunch they went out of their way to accommodate my gluten allergy. We did not participate in any of the entertainment, so cannot comment on that. But the ship was great. There was often some kind of small group playing music in the atrium which added to the elegance. We definitely would sail with Crystal again.

Had the best butler ever and great food.

Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by df2616

We definitely would sail with Crystal again.
df2616’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crystal Serenity price drops

Penthouse with Verandah
Cabin PH 11043
The cabin fit our needs very well. My wife and I go to sleep at very different times, so being able to close off the living space from the bedroom was important. This cabin had the added bonus of two entrances tot he bathroom. So I could use it without disturbing my wife. My wife also like a bath tub, which this cabin had.

The elevators were close yet things never got too noisy. We have a lot of gadgets and there were plenty of outlets. There was even a 110 outlet for my wife's hair dryer. And the cabin came with a pod type coffee maker. My wife has to have her cup in the morning and it was nice not to have to go out to find one. And I could make my evening coffee with Baileys without going out either. The mini bar was included and our butler learned what we liked and kept it stocked with just those items.
Penthouse Deck Suite Cabins