• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Oasis of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
51 Awards

First Cruise - Wonderful Time!

Review for Oasis of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean
gratanter
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin:

This was my first cruise, and my husband's second. It is the opposite of the kind of vacation we usually take, and I had no idea what to expect. A professional group I'm part of decided on this cruise, so there we were. I'm afraid that now I'm a convert! We had such a good time.

We chose a large interior stateroom, and found it to have more than enough space for the two of us. There were lots of little shelves, and drawers, and more than enough closet space, so we managed to lead a mostly organized life for the week. The room was spotless every time we came back to it. The showers aren't large, but there was excellent water pressure and plenty of hot water. Our steward was fabulous - I managed to irritate an old shoulder injury by snorkeling and scuba diving, and he made sure I always had ice and ziploc bags.

I assumed we would spend a few evenings eating at the specialty restaurants, but we never made it out of our dinners in the Main Dining Room. We were sitting with a great group of people, and the waitstaff were amazing - hysterical, attentive, very helpful. The culinary staff went above and beyond to attend (creatively!) to the dietary restrictions of several people at the table. We had such a good time we never managed to try anything else at dinner! We alternated breakfasts between room service and the Windjammer. We did have one day that our room service came more than half an hour late, so arrived while we were literally walking out the door for our early shore excursion. We grabbed a few pastries and sent it back. Later that day we received a note of apology along with some chocolate covered strawberries, so I really felt like they tried to make the best of it.

1 Helpful Vote