• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

sawpgw
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin:

Reading the reviews I was a bit hesitant particularly about the food. I found the food to be excellent

My only minor complaints (in order) would be the lack of Freestyle machines (I usually drink diet and caffeine free and my wife only Diet Mountain Dew). The weather cloudy and cool until we got to Labadee and no matter what some believe Royal Caribbean can't control the weather. We had one night without turn down (and the only bit with this was no Cruise Compass for the next day) and the room attendant was quite apologetic.

We stayed at the Fort Laurderdale Airport/Cruiseport Inn and this was fine for the night before and they had a shuttle to the cruiseport for a small per person fee (if you stay there make sure to put the name of the ship rather than the cruise line on the list for the shuttle). The shuttle was well organized and got us there quickly.

Port Reviews

Labadee

Labadee was good for walking around. My wife and I were both put off by the "sales walk." I can't remember the official name of the area, but would avoid it if I went back.

Lunch was good and bars easy to find.

We did not do any excursions here.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Port Everglades was well organized and we were quickly checked in and on the ship. Fort Lauderdale was a great area for miles of walking.

6 Helpful Votes