3. Norwegian Getaway
I'm an avid reviewer, beforehand and after. Fortunately, having a travel agent in the family, I ended up choosing Norwegian over Carnival. My wife and I have worked hard in our business and now have the luxury of being able to afford the nicer things in life so we booked this cruise going 1st class all the way. 20 years ago, we would have been in an inside room :-) So I hope I don't come across as snobby, nor can my review help those much that aren't in the Haven. Now onto my review, hope it can help others. Beginner "I know now" tip #1....get to port by 11 to avoid a longer line. We did not get to port till about noon. Took about 45 min to get through security. After that, If you book a Haven suite...be prepared to be spoiled. We've been there done that with the all inclusive run of the mill resorts. You check in in a small private room, then you get a private escort bypassing the 2 or 3k people checking in. Your brought right up to the Haven lounge and to your room shortly thereafter. We booked an aft penthouse suite. I had seen the videos, read the reviews, but I have to tell you, the super large balcony and the suite itself is the bomb. Richard our butler (he had all ten suites on back of ship) came to room within an hour and went over everything. Beginner tip # 2.... I've read about not tipping butlers but my belief is if you want superb service....tip beforehand. (I gave him $50 the first day and another halfway through) and told him I'd be using him as my one contact. Haven also has two concierge. They truly take very good care of you. We went on an ATV excursion and my wife and I were covered from waist down in mud. Including our new shoes. Richard took them to be dry cleaned and had them back to us by 8am next day!!! More on room below. Mini bar not included....no worries...i asked for couple beers a day to enjoy after coming back from excursions. Did not even finish what he brought. Asked for an amazing appetizer I had from Le Bistro....had two in room that night. Roasted Lamb Rack in Haven....amazing....waitress had a plate delivered to suite that night... nice midnight snack!! . Food and drink in Haven were superb. Wife is very particular about her Mojitos....made perfectly!! We actually tried even finding some food at buffet that wasn't good...couldn't do it. Wait...that's not true...we got a hot dog....little mushy..so...WE JUST DIDNT EAT IT :-) No, it's not 5 star food, but compared to the previous all inclusive resorts we've been to, it was great. Yes, I have dined at Jean-Georges in Manhatten and countless other 5 stars in NYC and other places. So even though I may like TGIF's, I can also appreciate the finer establishments too!! Dining: Cagneys....i've been to mortons, emirils(sp) and ruths chris...this is right up there!! Had the tomahawk rib eye.....oh friggin yum!!! This was my fav! La Cucina: Very good again Le Bistro: Good to excellent Teppenyaki: Excelllent Garden Buffet: two decks up from our suite. Good to very good across the board O Sheehans: Good to very good Haven: (I read complaints on this restaraunt....I don't get that at all) Very good to excellent, breakfast, lunch and dinner). Excursions: Honduras....only thing I can say anything remotely not positive. We took the semi submersible boat tour, town tour. Skip this one. Cramped boat, very little to see. Only highlight was stop a a cameo institute. Google it...that was interesting. Belize: We would skip the Norwegian private Island and opt for a mainland tour. Seen many complaining....just gotta read. We were aware it was Norwegians island. We prefer to see some local culture. It is very nice, clean, great day to lay on beach. Thats not our thing though. We did go para sailing which we'd never done. That was great. Costa Maya: ATV tour and beach retreat. Real fun. You will get dirty and it is a workout. Find clothes and shoes you don't mind getting filthy. The "beach retreat"....rock gut drinks and food we were accustomed to at all inclusive s. Wife got a daquari, I got long island ice tea...couldn't tell difference :-) I said to wife, feel like I'm back a resort :-) ATV tour itself...recommend. Costa Maya: Mayan Ruins & City overview. We liked this. We like learning new things and this did not disapoint. Stopped at another "beach club" for an hour. 20 minute massage on beach was nice for $35.00. Needed that :-) Shows.....again, reviews are all about opinion but here goes..... Illusionarium: We were front row from being in Haven. Great show. Worth the price Burn the Floor: uhhh.....WOWWWWWW!!!! Do not miss this one. Talent is amazing. Comedy: Yeah, we laughed real good. But can't review for future cruises. Changes all the time. But I'd say B rated comedians. Million Dollar Quartet: uhhhh, again.....WOWWWWW!!!! Do not miss. Fantatsic show. To sum it up...we paid a hefty price for the suite, but for us, was worth every penny. cruised with my brother and sister in law, who had penthouse suite, but in front of ship. Small regular balcony. The front and aft suites are not in Haven, but still have butlers. My opinion, you don't need to be in Haven. The aft suites have largest balconies on ship. It's worth the walk to whereever you need to be. Tip the bulter and steward at beginnning and in middle and just about anything you wish, they will take care of. Witnessed another couple taking up an hour of two of the ships officers on last night in Haven restaraunt complaining about everything from wine, upcharges, the shrimp (I'm a shrimp lover from NE and know good shrimp. It WAS good Mr and Mrs whoever :-) I was taken aback here listening to these two. "I paid 6K for blah blah blah...hey, we paid 8 Mr Fancy pants. Maybe it IS me not being "cultured enough" :-) No, it's not the Queen Mary, nor is it a 5 star dining or hotel. I'd say 4 star across the board in Haven, 3.5 to 4 on rest of ship. We're just hard working folks from NH and this exceeded all our expectations!!! Anyone can find faults with anything, we just are fortunate to not be like that. I could complain about our 12hr trip from NH to Mia, but when we arrived Sat the 7th and saw thousands of bags just sitting there from the tragic event the day before, that puts things in perspective :-) Things like complaining about the muster (really?, it's 20 minutes of your cruise) the decks being wet....(it showered off and on), it is winter in most places. Or not having a specific kind of Vodka....have 2 or 3, their included, then you wont taste difference:-) do your homework, you can find out every detail you need) Upcharges....again, all can be found out. This being our first cruise....I hadn't read ANYWHERE that you'll have sea legs the next day...oh vey....still feel like im on ship :-) Excuse any gramatical errors. Got tired to going back and correcting :-) We're now 100% hooked on cruises, beats the pants off staying at same resort for a week. Next cruise....eastern carib!!!

1st time cruise at 49 & 46....Haven Suite 13902 ...Amazing time

Dining:

La Cucina: Very good again

Le Bistro: Good to excellent

Teppenyaki: Excelllent

Garden Buffet: two decks up from our suite. Good to very good across the board

O Sheehans: Good to very good

Excursions:

Belize:

Costa Maya:

Costa Maya:

Mayan Ruins & City overview.

Shows.....again, reviews are all about opinion but here goes.....

Illusionarium:

We were front row from being in Haven. Great show. Worth the price

Burn the Floor:

uhhh.....WOWWWWWW!!!! Do not miss this one. Talent is amazing.

Comedy:

Million Dollar Quartet:

uhhhh, again.....WOWWWWW!!!! Do not miss. Fantatsic show.

funcen2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H6 13902
Suite: What can i say, almost 700 sq feet and the huge balcony. Buffet is next deck up for quick snack and Spice H2O two decks up for quick drinks. You can sit on the balcony and hear and feel the music. Shut balcony door and can't hear a thing!!! Had soot one or two nights, but the quietness and size of room/deck trumped that by far. Very minimal movement felt. After a day or so, didn't really notice much. Seas were moderate mostly, 6-8ft. Huge ship so think that helped. Soaking tub, shower both with floor to ceiling windows for an amazing view. Ample storage, two TV's, two bathrooms. (Second is much smaller, but still great to have) Heard many complaining of the walking....well, yes, large ship, but still only 5 minutes from front to back. Trust me, even though your on back of ship, you'll want the exercise anyways. Haven itself is smack in middle. Heck, we used stairs even when getting on and off ship to work off the drink and food calories. From deck 4 to 13 :-) Deck 13 is optimal, high enough up and quiet. 1 min to buffet, 1.25 min to drinks at H2O, 5 min to Haven lounge and restaurant.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins