3. Norwegian Dawn
We are seasoned cruisers who mainly sail on Disney for the family atmosphere. Last summer, for my older daughter's graduation, we decided (hubby begged) for try another line. Big mistake!!! We had booked 2 cruises with Royal Caribbean and after the graduation cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, we canceled our upcoming holiday cruise on the Oasis and started looking at other lines. That is when we came across NCL. We had just spent $4500 on two adjoining promenade view cabins and that didn't includes drinks and the other add ons. We were shocked to see that we could book a suite on NCL that included unlimited drinks, 250 minutes of internet, $50 per port towards excursions, free 3rd and 4th guest and 3 nights of ultimate dining and suites include a Butler and a Concierge. We ended up booking cabin 12500, the Deluxe Owners Suite. Lets just say it will be hard to ever cruise again without being in a NCL Suite!!! We arrived at the port around 11:00am. We were escorted to a special line for suite guests to check in. From there we were taken to a special room for suite guest and were offered drinks and a light snack. It was their that we meet our Concierge Leah. She confirmed all of our dining reservations and excursions and gave us her number to contact her if we needed an appoints for the spa or any changes in our dining. We then met our Butler Domnic. HE IS AMAZING!!! He helped us gather our carry ons and escorted us onto the ship. After a brief tour, he took us to our suite. He made sure we had everything we needed to make our vacation wonderful. Our cabin consisted of a living/dining room, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was on the 12 floor directly above the bridge at the front of the ship. It was beautiful!!! The master bed was so comfortable and the master bath was amazing. Bottom line, we LOVED our cabin. The ship just came out of drydock and it is beautiful. It didn't show its age at all. We prefer smaller ships because you seem to get a more intimate cruise and the Dawn was perfect. Suite guest can have breakfast and lunch in Cagneys/ Moderno. The food was amazing but it is cooked to order so it did take some time to get it. I didn't mind the wait but the kids liked the buffet for the ease of it but the food didn't compare. Dinning: 1st Night--Venetian. The food was good and so was the service. People had mentioned on one of the forums that all of the artwork had been removed--well it's back with random paint going across the pieces. I wasn't a fan but my daughter thought it was neat. 2nd Night--Teppanyaki. The food was amazing (so much food) and the chief was one of the best we have every had. I highly recommend it. 3rd Night--Cagney's Steakhouse--Amazing steaks!!! 4th Night--Moderno Churrascaria--This was my husbands favorite!!! 5th Night--Los Lobos--I was seasick so I missed it but the rest of our party loved it. 6th Night--Cagney's Steakhouse--Once again amazing steaks!! 7th Night--La Cucina--It too was really good!!! We also ate once for lunch at O'Sheehans and the food was good. Entertainment: We loved the shows. My favorite was show was Elements. Ports: Costa Maya: We visited our favorite place Pez Quadro. Good drinks, yummy food, beautiful beach and $20 massages!!! Harvest Caye: I wasn't impressed. You have to pay for everything and the beach was rocky. Rotan: We visited Little French Key. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! Cozumel: We shopped!!! Overall we loved our cruise on the Dawn. We loved it so much that we booked 2 more cruises with NCL. It's not Disney but it was still amazing and the the staff/customer service was comparable.

Loved Freestyle Cruising on the Dawn

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Saraldepue

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Owner's Suite

Dinning:

3rd Night--Cagney's Steakhouse--Amazing steaks!!!

4th Night--Moderno Churrascaria--This was my husbands favorite!!!

6th Night--Cagney's Steakhouse--Once again amazing steaks!!

7th Night--La Cucina--It too was really good!!!

We also ate once for lunch at O'Sheehans and the food was good.

Entertainment: We loved the shows. My favorite was show was Elements.

Ports:

Rotan: We visited Little French Key. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!

Cozumel: We shopped!!!

Saraldepue’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Deluxe Owner's Suite
Cabin SA 12500
This is an amazing cabin. We had a party of 5 and there was plenty of room for all of us. Our Butler Domnic was fantastic. The cabin is at the front of the ship so you so feel some motion. Overall, it is a beautiful cabin!!!!
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins