3. Caribbean Princess
Went with two hosts and 108 other single people to celebrate the new year. Liked the smooth sailings for sleeping. Was on the 8th deck on this ship and I was on the 9th deck a couple years ago on the Celebrity Silhouette which made creaky noises during the night. Did like most of the entertainment at the Theater when I got to go during the week. The countdown for New Year's on the screen by the pool was fun! I've been on 6 other cruises (5 other cruise lines) and this was the first time I had swelling in my feet and ankles. I do not add salt, but think maybe it's in their water and food. I let them know in their survey. Dining was really slow in the dining room for us late diners. We'd arrive at 8:30 and didn't get served quickly...usually after 10pm before finishing up. Made it rough trying to get to the late shows. The only other problem I had was they messed up with an excursion they booked. They sent us notice it was cancelled and as we went to the excursion desk to find out what was happening, I noticed they charged us for the one we wanted, but had printed out tickets to another excursion. They also messed up on the time change notices. First port in Majahual (Costa Maya) is on Eastern time, 2nd port is Belize City which is central time, they first gave us notice to the cabin for changing time for an hour ahead. It's actually an hour behind, which they corrected with another notice later. The last port Cozumel is also on Eastern time, so when had to change clocks ahead again. Mexico didn't make this easy on us cruisers when they decided to do this along the strip of Yucatan!

Fun New Year's Eve cruise in Yucatan, Belize City and Roatan 7 night cruise

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by travelsande

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

travelsande’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OY E423
Worked fine for 2 strangers matched together through the singles group. We had plenty of room to hang our clothes and shelves to unpack. Only thing is they need more electrical outlets as we only seemed to have two by the mirror and the light switch was so close that you could only use one of them, as it would turn on the light if you used that one next to the switch.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins