• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Star Pride Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Not a lot of activities but relaxing

Review for Star Pride to the Panama Canal & Central America
Judge Ellen
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Balcony Suite

I selected this cruise because I wanted to go through the Panama Canal. I also liked the idea of a small ship. Fortunately my friend and I were upgraded to a suite, which was very nice.

All in all I found it very relaxing. This is not one of the large ships with all kinds of activities, so be prepared to entertain yourself. The Wi-Fi was very expensive and for those who purchased the package they said it was not great.

I was very disappointed with the excursions. They were very expensive and I was totally underwhelmed. The problem is, that when you stop at the ports if you don't take the excursions there is nothing else to do. I paid $199 for a boat ride and a mediocre lunch and a guy pointing out animals in the forest - most of which I didn't see.

Balcony Suite

Cabin BS

Cabin was very nice. But it really is not a balcony - more like a French balcony where you can just ste out. But it was nice to be able to open the sliding doors.

Port Reviews