3. Silver Shadow
We chose this cruise as it was my mum's birthday, and we normally like to go on beach type cruises (last year we were on Silver Wind around the Caribbean). So this year we thought we'd try something different to our normal holiday destination. The service was amazing, with the waiters having time to chat with you and ask you about your day. The staff knew your preferences almost after the first day. I always drink coke during the day, and when I passed through the panorama lounge to go outside to smoke, they would always ask if I wanted a coke when I walked through. The ship is in dire need of a refurb.. It's due to have one this month I understand, although it's not immediately obvious, if you started to look, you could see worn carpet, on one deck outside there was a hole between the sheets of green deck covering. However saying this, it didn't spoil our holiday in any way. Trivia was the main entertainment during the day, yes it's a small ship so many people wanted to just sit and relax when we were at sea, but the trivia was well attended. The other entertainment was ok, just not to my liking. Our cabin 509, was right at the front of the ship, and a couple of nights we had waves over 4m, and this caused a few bangs and crashes during the night. I'd advise to go as mid-ship as possible to avoid the noise and the motion. The cabin had twin beds, a sofa and a walk in closet (with door that you could secure open or shut). The bathroom had twin sinks, a bath and a separate shower. Food was a bit hit and miss sometimes, however if something wasn't to your liking, it's easy to ask for something different, and there was always the all day dining menu that was available in the main dining room at any time. We have booked on Silver Spirit next Christmas, and we love that ship. We were on her during her maiden season, so hopefully they have maintained it well.

Amazing!

james king’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Shadow price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin V1 509
Right at the front of the ship. Long walk to everything which is located at the mid or back of the ship. Needs some TLC as it's starting to show it's age.
Deck 5 Suite Cabins