Wind Star Cruise Review

If you have not done this, you should. Don't let ADA scare you, but explore it!

Wind Star Cruise Review by Peoriail

• Sail Date: Feb 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

We were on the Wind Star, 4-masted sailing yacht . While this is a ship that only holds about 150 guests, it seems like they have about 1 for 1 on the crew. The ship is well taken care of in all regards. The food is at least equal to bigger ships. Our Captain was on her first cruise as Captain and was available, friendly and got us where we needed to go.

We found the cabins in the middle of the ship had less movement than those in front or back. I have a walking problem and had my walker aboard. While they have no elevators, a crew member offered to carry my walker up any stairs that needed to be traversed. The rails are easy to hold onto and climb the stairs.

Dining was available in about three areas. If you are interested in sitting outside, on top, you need to make reservations ASAP. The food was excellent and very accommodative on a needed diet. A lot of showmanship went into the meal.

While entertainment on board was limited, there were a couple of times the total crew was involved in entertaining us. The big adventure was raising the sails every night and the music from "1492 conquest of paradise" and the total ship involvement. Most of the time, we were worn out by the evening from all of the daytime activity.

Probably the service was as fine as any I have had on a ship (other than the Paul Gauguin, in Tahiti). There was always someone ready to help or fill a need every time I turned around.

Peoriail's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin A 206

adequate, small, as to be expected, but not much time is spent there. There are none with outside balconies. There are windows with all that I know of.

I believe we were in 206, but the middle cabins do not rock as much as those on either bow or aft

Peoriail