I choose this cruise as we life and work in Tenerife, and it was meant to be a relaxing break after a hectic Christmas. I've been on other cruises, there's always a sail away party, on the Horizon we were made to attend a safety drill, not a problem, but after 10pm at night? the ship basically slipped away at 11.30ish soon after, nothing, first impressions, poor. The second night, 'Beatles Tribute' in the Theatre which turned out to be the resident band, as was every other Tribute or show, overall entertainment was non existent during the day unless you wanted a talk on acupuncture, and the evenings weren't any better, no atmosphere at all anywhere, even the piped music was drab. Food, I am a vegetarian, every breakfast consisted of cold cuts, cheese, muesli and fruit, nothing hot at all, and wheras a couple of days of this is OK it soon wore thin eating cold toast and jam every day and the concept of a cup of tea with milk just drew blank looks. The breakfast buffet closed at 10.30 or 11am. The 'Grill and Pizzeria' opened at 12, the Vegetarian option was frozen pizza, chips, possibly a cheese roll if there were any left. Lunch Buffet, 1pm until 4, meat and fish every day with salad, Vegetarian option, potatoes, pasta, every day. Basically is you don't like meat or fish you cannot eat anything until 7.15 at night from 4pm, they decided to not open the evening Buffet this week, so you were required to be in the main restaurant around 7.15pm if you wanted to eat. My wife ordered steak, and that's what she got, no side dishes, the menu for me was the same every night apart from the Chef's recommendation which was mostly a rice dish in a sauce, the portions were minute, of the 7 nights we only went three times and choose to live on the minibar contents or eat off the ship. In summary, the ship needs a lot of refurbishment, it's on it's last legs, two mornings all the toilets on the ship stopped working, and every night the Junior Suite I had stank of raw sewage untill we learned to block the sink holes. There's so much wrong with this cruise I could go on all day, it's not even a good ferry standard, the ONLY upside the staff are very freindly and helpful, and if it wasn't for them we would have got off half way through. On leaving the ship when security swiped my card an alarm rang and I was refused exit in front of everyone, because I owed 4 euros on the minibar (which I had paid at reception and had the receipt) I was made to tramp back up to be told the receptionist had forgotten to take it off the system. On booking I was told the ship catered for an International clientele, this is not the case. I'll never use Pullmantur again.

Lacking.

Horizon Cruise Review by Taffman

Taffman’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Pullmantur Horizon price drops

Clean but well worn, all the upholstery is badly stained, lots of badly repaired bathroom tiles, no fridge