3. Celebrity Reflection
We have been cruising with Celebrity since 1999. I will try to keep rants about the " good old days of cruising" to a minimum. But will point out differences between M and S class ships. On this trip we were cruising with our adult children. We liked the low key intinerary and the chance to try Celebrity's newest ship, the Reflection. Our last Celebrity cruise was on the Millennium, the oldest ship in the fleet. The contrast between the sparling Reflection and shabbier Millennium was striking. Many people don't realize the differences between the M and S class ships which has resulted in some disappointment for them. We appreciated the excellent condition of the Reflection and the greater choice of restaurants. As longtime Celebrity cruisers we remember 5 course gourmet MDR meals complete with sorbet as palate cleansers and have seen the menu choices and quality decrease over the years. On this trip ( for which we had generous OBCs) we ate most of our dinners in specialty restsurants, coming to the Mdr on evening chic nights which had the best menu selections. Unfortunately, all of our favorites were offered on these two nights and there were other nights when nothing on the menu stood out. The MDR was lovely and we had a very nice corner window table. We opted for traditional late seating; service was excellent. The greater number of Specialty Restaurants on Reflection and their quality added greatly to our enjoyment. While I welcome having this option, it now comes at a not inconsiderable cost. When we started cruising, there were fewer options ( traditional dining, no beverage packages, one or no specialty restaurants ,no different classes of guests) and everyone shared a common experience. And that experience was first rate across the board. Still it is nice to have excellent dining available in a variety of additional venues( particularly if you have OBCs to spend). We ate in the Lawn Club for dinner which was fun and featured the best filit ever. They also have amazing hamburgers for lunch. Sushi on Five was a welcome surprise with a great menu. Unfortunately, sushi is now no longer served in the buffet. Murano was amazing as always; its counterpart will be missed on Millennium. Qsine offers a wide range of well prepared options. For the first time we had a beverage package which enhanced our dining experiences. I also enjoy the Aqua spa cafe (free for everyone). I seldom go to the buffet but the couple of times I stopped by I always found something interesting to eat. They included some local dishes to correspond with our ports and have an eggs Benedict station at breakfast. Scones are available at tea time. On the last sea day they had a somewhat fancier lunch buffet with a chocolate fountain. Shades of the midnight buffet which morphed into an elaborate brunch before that too was discontinued. I was always able to find a table near the window at the buffet but did not go at peak hours. Our cabin was comfortable and attractive with a large balcony. We appreciated having a shower enclosure rather than a shower curtain. The cabin is also larger than on M class. Inexplicably there were no outlets near the bed nor light on the balcony. We were able to connect our balcony with our children's by having part of the partition removed giving us a wider view The Persian garden and solarium were also vastly superior to those on the Millennium which has a smaller, windowless Persian garden and a solarium with uncomfortable seating. The M Class ships do have T pools which I missed. We were always able to find a chaise in the solarium. The no children policy was not enforced but it did not become a problem. We didn't participate in many activities. The CC get together was well attended by staff. The evening performances were a mixed bag. The performers were good but deserved better material. A caberet night where they sang show tunes was good as was Lance, a guest singer. The first comedian was bland but I understand the second which we skipped was quite good. The first musical production " Elysium" was pretty bad except for the aerialists while the second " Broken Strings" was high energy and enjoyable. The ports were easily accessible and relaxing. We had been to Cozumel numerous times so just took a cab to our favorite beach for lunch and a swim. The sting ray excursion on Grand Cayman was cancelled so we ended up staying on the ship. I actually had Persian Gardens to myself. We had been to GC and knew 5 ships were in port so didn't mind passing on it. We had booked a guide in Falmouth through Patrice Bailey who had helped us plan a great day going to Montego Bay, having jerk chicken and stopping at the beach. Our last stop was Labadee which I had originally been conflicted about. I would have liked to visit Haiti and even bring supplies which we have done in other ports. Seems this is not possible. Instead we made a donation to Partners in Health which provides aid and enjoyed Labadee for what it is- a pretty idyllic beach day. In summary, everything came together to make this a great cruise: good weather, attractive surroundings, well located cabin, generous perks, beautiful ship, and enjoyable ports. The staff seemed happy to be on Reflection and service was excellent. Our next cruise is back to Millennium with an incredible port intensive itinerary. Have learned that cruising can provide very distinct experiences which keeps it interesting!

Relaxing time on beautiful ship

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Holly2

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah

Holly2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
Cabin 1A 8224/ 8226.
We jumped on these cabins because they were on the forward slant of the hump and had larger and largest balconies. They were starboard away from smoking area and far enough up so no noise from foyer. Would book again.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins