3. Carnival Triumph
I am quite displeased with Carnival Cruise Lines. This was our first cruise so we were elated to see new locations and experience thrill and splendor abroad. First, this ship is old, not unlike a dirty Flying J restroom. Oh, its been cleaned, but you can NEVER quite get rid of the wear and tear of others nasty filth. Several areas of the ship were closed and being repaired while at sea (that could be a plus I guess). Second, the staff (other than the cruise director) all behaved as if they had their heads in a vice. Are they physically in pain, bored to tears, hate life and want to jump overboard? I have no doubt they are all very nice people, but someone needs to save them from a life of drudgery....hell my septic guys have more fun than the Carnival staff. The cabin was quite small (we were on deck 9 and recognize its a cruise ship) but had a great view on our deck. It got intensely rough while we were at sea (heard so many others complain of sickness). Now I was okay with the roughness...crap it even helped the buzz I had going. BUT, every damn thing in our cabin had to have been loose and shaking. Every night began and ended with creaking, thudding, banging, squeaking and smashing. That isn't even mentioning the ding dong noise that the elevator made when called every 30 seconds. I know you will think that this is exaggerated, but its not. I dare you to spend money to go and find out for yourselves. We ate dinner only one time at the assigned dining room. The food was absolutely miserable. The food was cold and tasted like a wet sock. We ended up going to the buffets and other food establishments on deck 9 and did enjoy ourselves and the food there. Do not eat at the dining room unless you like cold wet socks and miserable slow service. The shore excursion in Cozumel was literally the only saving grace of the entire trip. We did the La Casa En La Playa excursion. So freaking awesome! Serious. Our guide was awesome, the food was good, the drinks were good (little watered down, but tasty) and the relaxation was superior. I would recommend this shore excursion to anyone interested in a beautiful Mexican beach. Carnival seems to me the very bottom of the cruising experience. Its kind of like eating at McDonald's. Everyone loves the prices, occasionally enjoys the food, but always regrets eating there after. Dont be a regretter. Save your money and go with another cruise line. Also make sure to watch for hidden fees ;)

Mistakes were made? What have I done?

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Bbarn1

Also make sure to watch for hidden fees ;)
Bbarn1’s Full Rating Summary