3. Liberty of the Seas
This entire cruise was simply wonderful from the ship, to the ports to all the onboard activities. My family and I live in the Midwest so driving the 10 hours to Galveston was much nicer than having to shell out hundreds for plane tickets for 4 people. Boarding was busy and kind of long. But, to be fair, this boat is quite big and it takes longer to board. Luckily my parents were Gold Status so we were able to get priority boarding to push things along. We had a balcony stateroom on the 6th deck. Loved it. More on that below. The ship is incredible. Biggest I've been on yet. It was my 3rd RCL cruise (4th overall) and it's easily been my favorite boat. The Royal Promenade is a sight so see. The lights change for the time of day and the bars, restaurants and shops are a joy to stop in. My favorite bar was the "Hoof and Claw" which is a recreation of an olde British pub. Super cool interior and chill music at night. Speaking of entertainment. DANG. Ice shows was awesome. Some falls but come on...people are ice skating on a boat in the Caribbean. Also, get in line early for these. The space is small-ish and they fill up quick. Entertainment in the theatre was also great! Loved Saturday Night Fever and all the other shows though, SNF was by far the best. Food was phenom. Main dining room was absolutely delicious. I think RCL has the best food across the major commercial cruise lines. We at the steak house one night and it was just alright. Nothing crazy special though still equally good. Ports of call were: Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Falmouth, Jamaica. Cozumel: We actually didn't stay on Cozumel Island. We did the "Tulum Ruins + Beach Break" excursion. Half the excursion is spent on transportation; however, I think it was worth it. Tulum is really cool and the views over the cliffs are epic. The beach we went to was lovely and included a delicious lunch! Grand Cayman: Oh my gosh Grand Cayman. My favorite stop. The water is 100% clear and blue and it's just beautiful. We did Stingray City (an absolute MUST) and a Dolphin encounter! For Stingray City I HIGHLY recommend a GoPro or waterproof camera of sorts. It was all day and was well worth the time and money. Jamaica: Like in Mexico, we didn't stay at Falmouth. We went to Dunn's River Falls (Ochos Rio) and had a WONDERFUL time. We climbed the waterfall, me, my parents and yes, even my grandmother! We found paradise afterwards a beach as a part of the excursion where they treated us like royalty. Get the "Beach Break VIP" option. Worth it. Everything was beautiful and everything was wonderful! Only complaint was the price of the cruise; a little more pricy than we would have preferred I think. However, you do pay for what you get! I loved this cruise enough that I would do the exact same itinerary on this boat again!

Everything is Beautiful

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by JetZetter

We had a balcony stateroom on the 6th deck. Loved it. More on that below.

Cozumel:

Grand Cayman:

Jamaica:

JetZetter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

We had Superior Balcony Staterooms on Deck 6. Two of them right next door with a door that connected the two. Plenty of space for the four of us, especially with two in each room. The location, Deck 6, was super ideal because of it's close proximity to the Royal Promenade floor (Deck 5), the theatre (Decks 4 and 5) and Dining Halls (Decks 2, 3 and 4 - if I remember correctly!).

Balcony rooms. Man. I don't know if I could ever do a cruise again withOUT a balcony room. Makes the cruise soooo much better knowing you can have your morning coffee on your own private balcony. Even the balconies between our rooms connected, creating a seamless "apartment".

For anyone wanting to bring an Xbox, DVD player, Apple TV, etc...with hopes of plugging it in to the TV, sorry to disappoint. I got a wifi package so I was planning on using my Apple TV to watch a movie here and there and came to find out you couldn't change channel inputs.
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans

• Beach
    The beach break part came with lunch (which was good) and a private beach area! Drinks were cheap. I had a mojito and it was delicious.
  • Tulum
    Roughly 4 hours of transportation. Half on water taxi to the mainland and half on a bus. Both the water taxi and the bus were nice, air conditioned and clean. Ruins were incredible. Beautiful scenery.
  • Beach
    The name of the venue, I think, was the "Bamboo Beach Club". We did the VIP version and it was well worth it. We ate incredibly and had nonstop drinks coming our way. It was super chill and very beautiful. I remember referring to it as "I found paradise and it's in Jamaica."
  • Dunn's River Falls
    Such a unique excursion! The #1 must do in Jamaica. The water is fresh, clean and clear. The tour guides were helpful, patient and knowledgable. I had a wonderful time with my family and hope to go back someday!
    View All 219 Dunn's River Falls Reviews
  • Galveston
    Galveston is an easier port but it's not a super pretty area.
    View All 660 Galveston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Galveston Cruise Port Review
  • Dolphin Encounter
    Excellently done. Though I prefer the "Dolphin Swim" to the "Dolphin Encounter". It was fun and everyone in our group had equal opportunity to play with the dolphin!
    View All 80 Dolphin Encounter Reviews
  • Stingray Swim
    Incredible. Just incredible. Stingray City is one of a kind and a must do. It's a sand bar about 20-30 minutes off the coast. Boats encircle the area and it's such a fun time. You get to touch, feed and take pictures with wild stingrays (they're not in captivity but they have been trained, like a stray cat you feed, to come for the food).
    View All 724 Stingray Swim Reviews