3. Celebrity Silhouette
I have previously traveled with Celebrity three times and all three were with the Century (which was recently sold to a Chinese company). The total time spent on the ship was over a month and I loved everything about this smaller boat. Now, over two years later, I decided to try another Celebrity cruise. After all, I'd enjoyed the previous ones so much. Unfortunately, I was left very, very flat by my cruise aboard the Silhouette--mostly because the quality of the food has slipped so very badly. The dinners looked great but often tasted awful....and this even included some of the food at the optional (and expensive) restaurants (we ordered two ribeyes at Tuscan and they both were flavorless). The buffet sucked and often had portions roped off--making the novel buffet idea more like an obstacle course. Also, the 24 hour room service is NOT 24 hour and the quality was the worst of any of the food options. Apart from the food the other serious problem was the noise. Although the average age of the cruisers appeared to be about 60-70, the ship was incredibly loud--with music blaring in the central portion of the ship--and making it impossible to relax in the coffee bar or martini bar on the decks above. And it wasn't just that the music was loud, it was also annoying--often with loud Eurobeat music which none of the older passengers would have enjoyed. So was there anything I really liked? Yes. Ther service was still exceptional. So, while dinners and loud music annoyed me, it was hard to hate the trip because the crew was well trained and attentive.

Significantly lower in quality than last Celebrity cruise two years ago.

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Plankton1

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda

Plankton1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2A 7190
Cabins were relatively large BUT had almost no drawers whatsoever. Only three tiny half drawers--providing enough space to accommodate, at most, half a suitcase. Electrical outlets across room from bed, so if you need to plug anything in next to the bed (such as a clock or fan) you can't. Mattresses very, very thin--like a cot. I have traveled with other cruise lines and Holland America's and Disney's are MUCH more comfortable. Ended week with severe back trouble--something I never have but think was caused by uncomfortable bed.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins