3. Norwegian Jade
Gosh, where do we begin? This cruise was selected for friends and family, a party of 10 (5 cabins), as a post holiday season celebration. Many of us are seasoned travelers, including cruisers, and everyone one of us was extremely disappointed with this cruise and NCL's lack of ability to satisfy our many complaints. First off, MAJOR CONSTRUCTION was being conducted on the pool deck for the entire cruise. There was a commercial dumpster on the pool deck, which should have been our initial warning. The pool deck had two pools; an adult only pool, and a family pool with a slide. Unbeknownst to the guests, NCL decided that they would disassemble the slide during our cruise. This required draining the family pool, major construction noise, much debris all over the deck, scaffolding, jack hammering, etc. The pictures speak volumes! Trying to use the pool deck, with one smll pool and very little room for pool chairs, was simply dangerous and stressful. We were traveling with friends whose son is seven years of age. There was no option for his ability to swim as the only pool was for adults only. Very few pool chairs fit on the deck leaving 2500 passengers to share few chairs and one overcrowded and noisy pool. Many parents allowed their children in the adult only pool, often filled with intoxicated adults, and inappropriate language, leaving many adults and families upset because of no other options. This was apparently scheduled, due to a large construction dumpster on deck, and took the entire length of our cruise. Also, we were delayed approximately eight hours leaving the Port of a Tampa due to weather conditions. While this delay was due to weather issues, it resulted in our missing our first Port of Call, Key West. While waiting to leave, we were taxed on every drink under the ultimate beverage package. This of course was no fault of NCL. NCL decided to add an additional day to our other destination, Cozumel. Now mind you, the casino was closed during our Tampa delay, and now, two full days in Cozumel. When we returned to Tampa, we encountered rough seas and were informed that we would arrive in Tampa the evening before scheduled. This of course meant the casino would again be closed at nine p.m., and we would be again taxed on our onboard purchases for another whole evening. We were not allowed to disembark until the following morning as we had not cleared customs. In addition to the MAJOR CONSTRUCTION, we were improperly told that the second pool would reopen during the cruise. This never happened. The Splash Acdemy is the kids program onboard. The lines to drop off and pick up your children were often a twenty to forty minute wait during peek times. This procedure should have been much more efficient, but was simply understaffed or poorly managed. We also had a problem with our commode in our stateroom, that was clogged and unflushable for more than eight hours after reporting to our cabin steward. We had to call a supervisor to step in to ensure that it was functioning prior to retreating for the evening. The last cruise I traveled on was the beautiful NCL Getaway in September 2015. I never wrote a review because I contracted Norovirus and was quarantined for half of that sailing. So this now leaves me with only two NCL sailings, both of which were horribly disappointing. For some positive thoughts, we all had the upscale dining package and really enjoyed teppenyaki and the French restaurant, the name escapes me. Also, the food on board is of very good quality, even in the buffet. The spa also delivers a very professional and relaxing experience. Our excursion in Cozumel was to Xcaret. This is a must do for anyone who has not yet visited. Such natural beauty surrounding you, spectacular! Our embarkation also went smoothly and quickly. I attribute this to being a member of Latitudes. Our entire party boarded together and had priority boarding. To summarize this vacation....we were certainly not provided the level of experience that we were sold. In fact, I am shocked that NCL allowed a ship to sail under these conditions. We were all provided claim numbers to contact their corporate office. I will be doing so next and will be anxious to hear if there is any remedy offered by NCL. I HAVE ALSO CONSIDERED DISPUTING MY CREDIT CARD PURCHASE AS WE PAID FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT DELIVERED. I don't complain or write negative reviews, but am doing so to warn others of an expense that was nowhere near worthy of incurring. In fact, when I took pictures to submit to NCL for my "claim," at least ten others were walking around the deck doing the same. What a sincere disappointment. Now, I will research the site to see if I can upload any pictures.

NCL NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARE

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Falnangelz

Falnangelz’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 9058
The cabin was comfortable. The shower was very large for a cabin of this size. The shower not only had very ample room, but the water pressure was fantastic. Our commode was clogged an entire day however, requiring a second call to a supervisor to have maintenance repair.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cozumel
    Simply beautiful. This is a wonderful park located south of Playa del Carmen. The ferry from Cozumel was approximately 40 minutes. The ferry was very comfortable and stable. There was a ten minut bus ride to the park. Out guide, Gaspar, was a charming older man. The park is large so a little prep work is advisable. Don't miss the underground river. We swam it in about 40 minutes and started at the orange sign. We also had a great lunch, beachside, at the recommendation of our guide. There are many eating venues, so look around before you decide. We paid approximately $20 per person, for a fabulous authentic Mexican meal, including tax and a beer.
    View All 12,979 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews