National Geographic Sea Bird Cruise Review

Outstanding adventure!

National Geographic Sea Bird Cruise Review by gailed

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal

For many reasons, to explore the landscape of the many islands, to swim and snorkel with the fish, and finally to hike the volcanic rocks. I simply loved the trip. I am an artist and I had the time to watercolor all the new landscapes that I observed. The unusual rock formations and gorgeous beaches took my breath away.

We had the freedom to choose the activities of the day, and I choose to do the hikes, climbing the large volcanic rocks and drawing the landscapes.We saw dolphins on the first day, a variety of whales, and on the final day was entertained by a spectacular show by the humpback whales. We kayaked, snorkeling with sea lions and fish, and had a beautiful sunset barbecue dinner at the beach.

Each morning you had the option to do yoga with Michelle, beautiful wake up exercises watching the sun rise from the horizon. All the staff was kind and so knowledgeable, experts in their field. Each night the professional staff gave a brief talk about the animals that we observed that day. The sessions given by the professional photographer, Linda Burbank was invaluable! All the scientists were outstanding, all sharing their wealth of information to us all. The food was outstanding always fresh fruit and vegetables all cooked beautifully, so many healthy selections to choose from. All of our needs were met, and beyond. The ship was spotless, everything was well thought out and ran smoothly. An outstanding trip that I would definitely consider traveling with Lindblad again, and highly recommend to all my colleagues and friends.

Thankyou all for such showing me the wonders of the Sea of Cortez.

I have recently retired from teaching art at a public high school , and would love to teach drawing/ watercolor journal making on one of your beautiful boats. Since nothing can be removed from the many islands wouldn't it be lovely to draw on the beaches what we observe that day. A beautiful memory to be taken home and cherished. Thankyou for my memories.

gailed's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 2 214

Very neat, service was excellent

gailed