3. Carnival Conquest
Just returned from New Years Eve - 3rd cruise for us, 2nd Caribbean, 1st News Years Eve Cruise. Departure from Fort Lauderdale was pretty effortless. Waited in a crazy long line for about 30 minutes and then another 20 or so to get through security, have our picture taken and obtain our sign and sail card. Our room was not immediately ready so we grabbed some lunch on the Lido Deck. Got into our room around 1:30 and did not get luggage until 5:30. There were many young children (under 18) which meant strollers, crying, hormonal surges (LOL), and running around. Kids running in the hallways at late hours of the night. Crew were friendly and helpful. It was interesting to learn about their background and help some practice their english. I was not thrilled with our dinner crew - he was a bit rude to my father in law making jokes and snide comments about his age. Thankful my inlaws are hard of hearing and missed most of it. Ports were nice: Enjoyed free bus in San Juan for a quick tour; St Thomas was lovely, but for the most part we stayed on the ship enjoyed the peace and quiet. Loved the evening movies on the Lido deck. Bar entertainment was good but did not see any shows. Ship was clean and attractive. Loved our balcony. Won a few dollars in the casino slots. Dinner at the Steakhouse and Chef's Table were our most memorable meals. It is worth the extra money for the steakhouse for the service and ambiance alone! Try the Chef's Table if you are an adventurous eater (be prepared for a 3 hour experience). Food - Food was just good. Nothing out of this world. The Lido deck buffet area always smelled like a lunchroom. BBQ place was good. Guys Hamburgers were greasy and rather tasteless. The Seafood Shack had some yummy Oysters for $1 each and a pound of peal and eat shrimp was $11 (21-25 lb). Drinks - The Pineapple Habenero martini from Alchemy and Lobby Bar was delicious. And I loved my Pina Colada's from the Lido deck Aft bar. Spa - hubby and I had an an overpriced massage and seaweed treatment. It was ok. The upsell at the end is shameful. Here you are completely relxed and they are trying to sell you $500 worth of product. Environment was not quiet or relaxing. Biggest disappointment: The coffee is DISGUSTING! We drink it black. Colored bathwater would taste better. Even coffee purchased at the coffee shop tasted burnt. If you like Dunkin Donuts, you will find it acceptable. If you like Starbucks, you will be very disappointed. Best Part of the Cruise: (1) no facebook, no fox news...really cut off from the outside world and electronics made for a super relaxing time. (2)Dinner at Steakhouse and Chefs Table; (3) Pineapple Habenro Martini; (4) Movies at night on the Lido Deck; (5) Time spent on our small deck watching the water and the occasional vessel we would pass. Yes, I would cruise Carnival Conquest again.

Crazy Relaxing

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by stramela

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Yes, I would cruise Carnival Conquest again.
stramela’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 1019
Cabin was clean and comfortable. Closets and drawers provided adequate storage. Bathroom was small but did the job! TV was nice but rarely watched. Loved our balcony and appreciated the daily towel animals.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins