3. Royal Princess
Upgraded to mini suite/ balcony and loved it. Tub shower combo was good. Very smooth getting on and off the ship...the best we've ever experienced, cudos! The room was ready for our early boarding, nice touch. Since buffet would be crowded we went to Alfredo's for lunch and it was a gem!! Go there, try the ravioli, pizza, antipasti plate...and of course the piazza, all really good. We went to Sabatini for New Years Eve and it was very good, worth the upcharge. Buffet was always good, fresh and well presented...as other reviewer already said, only the soup was not that great. We had anytime dining, never a long wait. The international cafe, aka coffee bar, was excellent. We got the beverage pkg and it was a value for us. Beautifully decorated for Christmas, really lovely At ports, we found our own tours at each and were very happy with them. Lots of local history, etc. we learned a lot about each island. The itinerary was good. Entertainment by ship group was cheesy....however the magician, the 4 ladies playing strings were terrific , and Perry Gray at the piano ...what a hoot! There was a steel drum in another bar area, very nice. The Voice of the Ocean was fun, and the Wake show on the tv was a great intro to people on the ship, watched it every morning. I went to the salon twice and the service was friendly and welcoming...I enjoyed it. Meanwhile my friend was in the casino and found it enjoyable, and found the football playoff games there. We thought the service was excellent all around! Ivan our cabin steward was great. We did have AC issues and fixed day two. Overall good value for our money. The only thing I would enjoy is some enrichment lectures, etc about the history, culture, reefs etc. I did attend the Bermuda Triangle and pirates talks and found them enjoyable. We arrived back in Fort Lauderdale a couple of days after the shootings...there were areas still blocked off with crime tape. But everyone there, I mean every person working there was greeting us, very friendly, saying thank you for choosing us, etc.

Princess delivered! New Year's Cruise