3. Sun Princess
We chose this cruise for its Southern Australian itinerary, which was excellent. Princess has a lot to be proud of, but are letting themselves down in some areas (as follows): I had sheets with holes in them on my bed They were changed, at my request, on day 6 (this is seriously not good enough....the linen should not be so thin that it had developed holes). A fitting in the shower was coming apart - our cabin steward said it was left that way for ease of cleaning. The bathroom mirror needed to be replaced. A number of the fake cane chairs at the outside Terrace Grill were damaged, with large holes in the seats. I can only guess they were not sturdy enough to accommodate heavier passengers who sat in them. On the plus side, Sun Princess catered brilliantly for my diary intolerance. In general the food and wait staff were excellent (particularly in the formal Regency Restaurant). The Captain and his head staff, directed the crew, who worked long hours for the last 7 days of the cruise to try and contain the horrendous norovirus outbreak on board. They did this with professionalism in trying conditions. (This outbreak was not the ships fault - good hygiene needs to be practised by passengers to prevent an outbreak.) Compared to other cruise lines I have sailed with, I found Sun Princess underwhelming and in many areas did not meet my expectations of a 4.5 star cruise line.

Princess Cruises - Disappointing