3. Norwegian Jade
3rd holiday cruise and 1st time on NCL. Not impressed! After booking, we were moved from agent to agent and never really received a solid answer on anything. Upon booking we asked about watching college bowl games since there was not a sports bar. They told me that there was an area to watch the games, as we were traveling with 4 college aged kids and we are all football fans. When it was time for the games, I inquired about where to go to watch and I was informed that NCL has lost the ESPN contract and we could no longer watch ANY of the college games. This was a huge problem for us and is ridiculous! Getting on in Tampa was miserable, long and unorganized. Once on the ship, everything is closed down quickly due to "safety procedures". I understand that the safety procedures are mandatory but ALL services are cut off. The cabins on the Jade are small and don't have enough closet space for a 8 day cruise. The service was great in the cabins except that they never replaced our pool towels when used but easily received once asked. When dining, every night I asked for a party of 10, they asked if I had a reservation and when I asked if I could make a reservation they said "NO". Confusing and nobody really had an answer for me. FYI, specialty dining at steakhouse (Cagney's) was amazing and reasonably priced. Food in the general dining rooms was pretty good and they offered a good variety, but the service not great. POSITIVE thing was our excursion in Honduras. Snorkeling and kayaking with lunch included at the Cannibal Cafe. Great group of people! Choices of excursions was not great at all, being used to CARNIVAL who have so many excursion opportunities. My college age kids were less than impressed with the activities on the ship, especially since they were unable to watch football. Lastly, on the last night of the cruise we were informed that the ship was returning to Tampa early and that the casino would close at 9:00 pm. Ridiculous! Not only could we not participate in the casino but was rushed to cash out our tickets. After trying to use the machine, it would not give me my money (noting it NEVER worked the entire cruise). It was only $21.30 but it is the principal. When I inquired about getting my money, they informed me that they cannot refund my money and I will have to try to cash it in on my next NCL cruise. Well....I will not be getting that money back because I will NOT go on another NCL cruise! Too many negatives and not enough positives.

Expected better!