3. Enchantment of the Seas
I'm a working mom of three kids. Me and hubs never get away alone. When we do cruise, we cruise Disney with the kids. So in December 2016, my parents said they would keep the kids the week after Christmas and I immediately went online and looked for a ship leaving on December 26th. That was the only criteria-- well that, and that the ship *not* be Carnival. We got a great deal on Enchantment, buy 1 get 1, half off. The only rooms left were interior cabins so that's what we got. I read a lot of mixed reviews so I was a bit worried about the quality of the experience. When we got to the port the day of departure, check in was easy and fast. Once onboard it was evident that the ship had seen better days. Don't get me wrong, everything was gleamingly clean, but the carpets were a bit worn and you could see a lot of rust. In the Solarium, the adults only area of the ship, the beautiful mosaic tile had squares missing in some places. In our stateroom. You could see some rust in the bathroom. However, the hubs and I had resolved ourselves to have fun and frankly, the staff is so amazing, it was easy to do! We were thrilled to get away from our three kids for a bit and just relax and the ship provided lots of opportunities to do that. A real high point for us was the onboard dining in the main dining room. The food was good and our serving team was incredible. They made us want to come see them every night. The first port was Nassau. It was a holiday when we were there so there wasn't a lot open. If you've been to Nassau, you know how aggressive the tour operators and taxi drivers are. Getting off and walking through the Nassau port house can be really annoying and overwhelming, but we got off to find a drugstore, walked around for 1/2 hour and got back onboard. It was nice because most people were gone off the ship and we had a whirlpool to ourselves. I explored the ship and was dismayed to discover that all machines in the ship's casino were disabled while we were in port. The worst part of that-- we were scheduled to be in port until 1130p that night. We just chilled and napped. Around 430p the cruise director's staff had scheduled a belly flop contest up on the pool deck, so we went to watch that. Seriously, that was the extent of the onboard activities. Or, I guess I should say it was the highlight for the day. Later that night there was a Michael Jackson hour in the Viking Lounge (one of the club areas) so we went there after dinner. It was a pre-recorded DC set so it didn't have any element of "live" music fun. At the same time, there was sail away party on the pool deck so we went to that too for a bit. When we went back inside, we swung by the main interior area where there was a piano player and some accompaniment, which included a singer. Older folks were there, sitting, drinking and enjoying the music. We went on to bed. The next day, the ship anchored near Coco Cay and we took tenders over to the island. I have to say- this was a high note of the cruise. Because the ship is smaller than the newer ships, Coco Cay was really easy to navigate; it never felt crowded. I was very aware that if we had been on one of the bigger ships we would have been sharing the island with 4000 people. Hubs and I found a hammock on the island and napped. Then after an hour or so we meandered to loungers right on the beach and just chilled. The bbq lunch had plenty to choose from and was tasty. We headed back to the ship after lunch. A few reviewers mentioned a sewage smell in their bathrooms. We did start picking that up by day two. I figured it was just because the ships sewage holding tank was getting full. We kept the toilet lid down and I didn't think it was that bad. Also, my mom bought us a tiny bottle of that poo-pourri spray and we used that a LOT. We left Coco Cay around 430p and had decided to see the comedy show that night. It was a comedian we'd never heard of, but we wanted to check out something in the Orpheum theater. Prior to the show, we were once again delighted (and overfed) by our amazing dining staff. We were so stuffed we got sleepy and never made the show. The final full day, was in Key West and that was so much fun! Neither of us had ever been and we had a blast exploring. It was a bummer that we had to be onboard at 5p. If anything we should have stayed in Key West until 1130p at night and left Nassau at 530p. Day 4, we disembarked. All in all, we thought it was a fun vacay, for the price. If you just want to getaway and chill, I would recommend Enchantment. We met a handful of people who had a lot to say about how bored they were and how it was the most boring cruise they'd ever been on, but that was just fine with me. There were times I wished there were more people enjoying the Viking Lounge club, just so it felt more alive with energy but I had my hubs and we always have fun together no matter who else is around. So, bottom line, look for special pricing on Enchantment, getaway and relax.

Good to Get Away and Relax

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by allysonfinch

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

allysonfinch’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Very clean! No visible bed bugs. I am paranoid about bed bugs.
  Enchantment of the Seas Deck Plans