3. Norwegian Jade
We chose this cruise with family and friends to escape the cold of the midWest and be someplace warm and fun over New Years. The boarding process was the only real negative experience. Even though the ship only hold 2400 passengers, we arrived at the port at 11:30 AM and did not actually board the ship until 3:45 PM. The rest of time was spend waiting in very long lines and the check-in process was slow. This was unlike our last Norwegian cruise in which the check-in process took less than an hour. Other than that the rest of the cruise was awesome. Our stateroom was clean and comfortable and our cabin steward made sure we were well taken care of. The food was good and plentiful with a variety of onboard activities. The ports and excursions were fun. My favorite part of the cruise is always the days at sea and I enjoyed relaxing by the pool, listening to the band, and reading a book. The staff all went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. Our cruise director "Dingo Dave" did a good job keeping us informed of important announcements and serving as the MC at the nightly entertainment. I love the "Freestyle" dining on Norwegian since when I am on vacation I don't want to dress up and I want to eat when I want to and not on a set time. Overall a great experience and we will sail on Norwegian again.

The Norwegian Jade is a beautiful ship with an amazing crew.

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by jk158

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

jk158’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

• Costa Maya
    Costa Maya was nice. We were scheduled for a Catamaran and Snorkeling excursion, but the water was rough and it had been raining so the visibility was poor. They offered to refund our money if we didn't want to go out in those conditions, which we gladly accepted. We did some shopping and spent the rest of the day on the ship.
    View All 2,603 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    The excursion as fun. It took too much time to get everyone checked in and shortened the time we had to snorkel to only about 15 minutes. We arrived at the designated meeting point at 12:15PM but didn't board the bus to leave for the excursion until 12:50PM due to filling out the release forms and other paperwork. It was a 25 minute trip to the excursion site, so that could have all been done on the way. By the time we arrived, watched the safety video, and got our boats assigned it was already 2:15 so we have just over an hour to boat and snorkel. We were supposed to have closer to 2 hours. The boats were a lot of fun, so definitely worth doing, they just need better time management.
    View All 436 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Harvest Caye
    This is a private island for Norwegian and it is trully amazing. We have a great time relaxing on the beach, doing some shopping, and enjoying the pool and swim-up bar.
    View All 1,230 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Harvest Caye Cruise Port Review
  • Scuba Diving
    Anthony's Key provided the 2 tank dive and it was excellent. Our divemaster's did a great job with the group and the reef was fabulous. My only complaint was that we went out with one tank, did a dive then returned to the pier to pick up another tank and go back out. Of all the dives I've done over the past 40 years, that was a first and a complete waste of time. I wasn't there for the boat ride, I was there to dive. Otherwise, they would have gotten an 5 - Excellent.
    View All 41 Scuba Diving Reviews