Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review
2,389 Reviews

More venue for ballroom dancing

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by tigergirl1019

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

One thing that surprised me that is dramatic different from the Royal Caribbean cruise is the ballroom dancing music perform by the bands. Each band only perform an hour so we always had to switch from one band to the next. It's like we always had to search around for the availability which is a torture. Also, the restaurant Chin Chin was not even up to standard Chinese food. they got to change standards, soon. When we book the cruise, the agent tells us that only "Casual dress" is for this freestyle cruising and no need to bring formal clothes. But, that isn't the case as a handful of passengers in suits or cocktail dresses on the ship's one (very optional) formal night. Shorts are allowed in all dining venues except the Tsar's Palace main dining room and Le Bistro French restaurant. Overall, it is a very good trip and I enjoyed the hospitality that I received from the crews members. I definitely will take it again in the future!

tigergirl1019's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 10599

I loved the towel poppy folds on the beds every nite. Rooms are clean and fast in reply. They even found my cell-phone that is hiding under the bed. go extra beyond the regular service.

Miami

I heard it is good but I just went down to do shopping only.

tigergirl1019