3. Harmony of the Seas
Family friends we cruised with on this sailing recommended this class of RCL. As with everything, I believe everything is relative so I am comparing to past cruises we have taken on Disney and 3 Celebrity Cruises. If you essentially want your favorite local Shopping Mall or the Las Vegas strip floating on the great seas than this is for you! Ship was a true architectural marvel! Everything down to the last detail. Glitzy and Grand describes the Harmony of the Seas. Both Embarkation and Disembarkation went as smoothly as possible. Always keep in mind that there will be bumps when you consider the logistics of packing in and out 6,000+ people with all their stuff in a small window of time! I thought our cabin was satisfactory including closet space and bathroom. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. In retrospect we should have paid the extra money to get an Ocean Balcony vs a Central Park balcony room. There were more than enough activities (way too many to count--more than enough for everyone )and Entertainment to fill a week of cruising for the entire family (2 college age Daughters). If anyone complains that they were 'bored' than clearly you have no business cruising! The Entertainment was as good as you will find on any cruise given the luxury of a choreographed Water Show ala Cirque de Soleil,Ice Rink show and a great theater production of Grease. Ports and excursions were just ok. Labadee (Haiti) is a beautiful tiny slither private beach. Problem is the ocean floor is extremely rocky which made it very uncomfortable to be in water. Our JetSki trip was cancelled due to choppy waters. Jamaica and Cozumel had much more options to pick from. The great disappointment was in the Food and the Service. I did not like the fact that I had to buy the Liquor package and have to present it each and everytime I ordered from an expensive drink to a Cappucino. The food was frankly mediocre at best! Lack of flavor, cheap cuts of Beef and Fish and poor presentation in Main Dining. Mass produced of course but lacked anything to remember. Chop House was the biggest disappointment with sub standard food quality. Yes I was expecting Morton's/Ruths Chris quality type Steak. On the last night however we ate at Wonderland which made up for all the other nights. This is your chi chi Restaurant with chi chi food. Molecular gastronomy I believe they call this type of cuisine. Best flavors, texture and food I have eaten in years! It was what I like to call a 'Culinary Orgasm!' Loved it so much I insisted to that the Chef come out so I could complement him on this masterpiece of a meal. With the exception of our Porter for our room the service was just simply awful. I don't know it this is pervasive in all Cruise Lines and Ships given my attitude that CUSTOMER SERVICE EVERYWHERE WITH EVERY COMPANY IS DEAD! I appreciate that Cruise Lines hire staff from around the World but have a problem understanding most due to bad English and accents. Like Jerry Seinfeld (Not that there is anything wrong with that) Ha Ha but it makes it difficult to understand what they are saying and I am on vacation. Yes I want to be treated like Royalty on a Cruise as has been my experience on Disney and Celebrity! The attitudes from the majority of Staff were poor as they were just going through the motions to do their job yet would not go out of their way to solve your problem. I don't know if it is because of a lack of training, cost cutting to hire for cheaper wages or just a general attitudinal shift to support my Customer Service is Dead theory. My biggest surprise on the Ship was that even with Holiday sailing the majority of families and cruisers were from Latin America and Europe. Where are all the American cruising families? Again, not that there was anything wrong with that but it wasn't easy communicating with others as we have also met wonderful people on past cruises. Bottom line is I recommend this Ship and Cruise Line if you are a family with kids. If you are seeking a more luxury and elegant cruise experience, not so much.

Spectacular Ship: Fun for Everyone yet Needs Improvement

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by REDealmaker

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

REDealmaker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Great room. No complaints.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans