3. Norwegian Star
First time wth NCL, but done many cruises before. Not a good start with the azipod issue and went from 7 ports to only 3. Extremely disappointing especially as we did not go to the ports we all really wanted to go to. However, we decided to go ahead with the cruise and glad we did. The ship itself is old and creaky especially at night when trying to sleep, but it is still beautiful and has many lovely areas. Cabins. Had a balcony cabin and it had everything we needed. Quite small compared to some cabins we have had but it was fine and very clean. Entertainment. Fantastic shows by the entertainment team, some of the best we have ever seen on a ship. Plenty of different bands and singers to suit most tastes. Great NYE party on deck. Only thing missing was some comedy and perhaps a piano entertainer. Staff. Very friendly staff. However did not find guest services helpful nor the shore excursion staff who told me different things about the refunds for our excursions that were cancelled. Still have not got my money back now !! Ports. Did Hue which was fine, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh, the latter two were excellent. Food. Brillant food in the dining room, the Brazilian restaurant and the buffet. Osheehans was ok. Good things about NCL. There are a few things that NCL do really well and we really liked compared to other cruise lines. E.g.-loved 'washy washy' -made you want to wash your hands ! Like the layout out of the market cafe, easy to navigate, plenty of tables and liked that there was cutlery and sauce on the tables ready for you. Also liked the BBQs on sea days and the paella and seafood on offer then too. Not so good things about NCL. - should stop guests entering the theatre when the shows have started. Having a constant stream of people arriving late and interrupting your viewing is annoying and rude and should not happen. The safety drill was shocking. I have never seen anything like it. Half the boat did not bother doing it and they allowed movement on and off the ship whilst it happened. We were on the deck and everyone was talking and we could not hear or see the demonstration. Very very poor. Shore excursions - first ship I have been on where they do excursions by putting everyone in the theatre and then you have to get your sticker on the way out. We had a delay on one exursion as we all had to wait for all the buses, if they did it the normal way by numbering you with your bus as you went in, it would be more effective and quicker. Just a suggestion! The salon, had my hair cut and not only was it the most expensive haircut of my life at $90 but was the worst. Looks like it has been hacked to pieces. Never again. Overall a good cruise although I'm still awaiting for my shore excursion refund and my refund for half the cruise back as promised. I hope the delay in this and the poor communication I have received so far from NCL, will not damper too much my thoughts on what was, a good cruise despite the itinary changes.

Very Good Despite Itinerary Changes