3. Golden Princess
Embarkation was a shambles, cabin clean but very dated, nice steward and the staff were very pleasant. Christmas foyer looked lovely but you could never get a seat even in the surrounding areas. way too much push for selling Art and Photos. Daily activities were awful - Turkey carving and towel wrapping. No deck chairs on the Promenade deck, shops not that interesting, afternoon tea in dining room was very ordinary. Food was hit and miss, sometimes nice, sometimes cold, Awful damp smell aft in Horizon section. Due to bad weather missed Wellington and Fjiordland,(lucky for me I saw them last year on the Noordam ( 8/10) The TV channel with info on your next port was just pushing their tours and told you very little about the area. People have paid $1000s for this cruise and really the standard was not good enough. Entertainment compared to other cruises was like "high school" entertainment. I enjoyed maybe 3 Shows on a 13 night cruise. I have photos of disgusting blocked toilets, a broken pipe on Deck 8 with water everywhere, and missed the electrical cable fire at the front of the ship (thank heavens) I found time to read, enjoy the sea on good days and the pools (when not empty or closed) but for my 10th cruise I guess you have to get a dud every now and then. There were several previous Princess cruisers and new ones who felt the same way. I'd like to try the Emerald but experiences like this put you off. Oh and we all got offered 20% of our fares as a credit next cruise with Princess - says it all really.

Golden Princess was disappointing