Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Cruiser162

• Sail Date: Aug 2016
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

We had sailed on Connies inaugural cruise and had the most fabulous time. There was no fault with the food, accommodations, shore excursions, nightlife....the decor was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the other lines. So, with such great memories we had no hesitations and booked a family cruise.

Embarkation disorganized, port staff very unhelpful and rude. Despite my pleas that I was travelling with my elderly disabled mother, we were forced to line up with the rest of the passengers even though I am a "elite" traveller. No help upon arrival, much different from the inaugural cruise where a cruise member escorted us to our cabins, we were left to our own devices to locate our cabin!

The quality of food has gone down hill when even compared to our previous cruise of 2013. The variety quality left much to be desired. Celebrity was known for the quality of their food, sadly this is no longer true.

The cabin was dated, bathroom in need of an update, even though the brochure said that it was "refurbished " mold, peeling paint, balcony door locks sticking, poorly flushing toilets....

To add insult, there was garbage left in our cabin that the room attendants failed to notice and remove. I would question how actually "clean" is my cabin. I wiped down all surfaces with my Lysol wipes!

If possible, book your own shore excursions. The one offered by celebrity is $$$$$$and not worth the $. I don't mind paying extra if the quality was there. The guide in Barcelona sat at the front of the bus and read out loud the script on his phone. I was seated at the front with my mother and witnessed it! He would stop at a sight, told us to come back to the bus after we "make pictures!" To make matters worse, on the return trip, he was walking so fast, he left my entire family stranded at the Sagrada familia!? The ship's staff said they would investigate and all she said was that we all returned safely to the ship! Oh, and they refunded us our cab fare only". This is surely not the "beyond our expectations?!".

The entertainment catered to the UK crowded and far below previous experiences. It might have well been the crew members who put on the show! Amateurs!

The dining room was crowded, and the noise level was deafening. It was difficult to carry on any dinner conversation! The table next to us was so loud, we asked for a table change, they were unable to accommodate because the dining room was full, yet they were able to accommodate the dining your way passengers.

It would have to be a very good deal for this loyal cruiser to sail with celebrity anytime soon.

Cruiser162's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

In desperate need of update and cleaning.

Eze Walking Tour

Poorly organized, no maps or directions given. Left to wander on own!

View All 7 Eze Walking Tour Reviews
Aix-en-Provence

Guide was excellent. Paced appropriately for everyone. Very engaging and knowledgeable.

View All 115 Aix-en-Provence Reviews
La Sagrada Familia

Guide more interested in getting to smoke his cigarette. Read off his phone the entire time. Left family stranded at the church. Had to make our own way back to the ship!

View All 124 La Sagrada Familia Reviews