3. Norwegian Getaway
This is our 8th cruise overall and our 7th since the newer class of ships have been coming out about the last 10 years. We are also new to the Norwegian cruise company as we took our first cruise just about 5 months before this one which was in July on the NCL Escape. The two ships are almost identical with just a few features and options, but both ships are beautiful and amazing and are mega size ships. On this cruise we decided to stay in the Haven penthouse aft room #14272. The embarkation was incredible as there was a line that was about 2 hours long and we were taken to a special entrance and were on the ship within 10-15 minutes. The room has plenty of storage. a huge master bathroom with a full-size tub and walk-in shower as well as double sinks, only downside in my opinion is privacy as these type suites only offer a curtain to pull that separates the bathroom from the bedroom. I think they should have put a door even a pocket door would have worked. The room also has a 2nd bathroom which is by the front door in the living room area, this is a full bathroom with shower etc but is super super small. The living room is very nice with a couch that turns into almost a full-size bed, also has a tv, dining table & chairs as well as a large coffee and espresso maker. The master bedroom is small but a decent size with a small make-up table and mirror, TV and a king size bed with the best mattress we have EVER slept on during a cruise. Last but not least the balcony is also huge with table and chairs as well as 2 chair beds. We had a butler named Bennie, I believe he may be new as he did not have many answers to my questions and several times when we requested something he asked US to call someone else. We were later told that he should have taken care of that as that is the service he was suppose to offer. Being a Haven suite we also were able to dine in the Haven dinning room as well as use the Haven pool and other Haven amenities. Here is where I would change this in the future, you are paying a premium to stay in the Haven suites and when you are at the aft of the ship ALL of the Haven amenities are at the bow of the ship and again this is a mega ship. We truly don't feel we got the most of what we paid as it is a hike to go to the Haven lounge and pool each time. When you stay in the Haven at the front of the ship your room is in a special section thats locked which is also near the pool, lounge dinning room, concierge etc etc and have a key to get into it. At the back of the boat you ahem no special amenities and we also received a lot of grit and stuff from the smoke stacks that left a residue all over our chairs and table on the balcony. Don't get me wrong the Haven is great as we never had to wait in line at any port to get off or on the boat, they would skip us ahead of the line and I saw people get upset but remember you are paying a big premium for this service. The food in the Haven restaurant is incredible and you also get all the 5 free options that NCL offers when booking a Haven suite. The service and concierge is second to none in the Haven, I would say the butler thing is a training issue. Again when you book as I will do in the future just book the Haven rooms at the front of the boat. Lastly getting off the ship was just as easy as were were taken down a set of rear service elevators so we didn't have to wait in any line.

A great cruise but would change a few things

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by UCJAMES

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H6 14272
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Scooter Adventure
    We rented a couple scooters for the day and did a complete loop around the island which took about 2 hours. the views were amazing and the other side of the island has some great restaurants on the beach but they are a little pricey. Also the great thing about the other side is that its not touristy and has incredible views, beaches and wildlife. If you are going rent a jeep independently as the scooters can get a bit uncomfortable on such a long ride and you can explore the island at your own pace for a lot less money.
    View All 9 Scooter Adventure Reviews
  • Hell
    Short stop but neat little town, bring your passport and the post office will stamp it. I just wished they had told us that on the ship.
  • Stingray Swim
    We loved the turtle farm as we got to hold turtles and got to visit Hell. My wife and son LOVED the stingray swim, I hated it as we were taken out by a small boat and the ocean was very very rough. If you get sea sick DO NOT DO THIS or you will regret it and waste your money. I was so sick I didn't even get off the boat to swim. If you want to do this and have your heart set on it there was a large barge type boat that did not have the issues we did.
    View All 734 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Turtle Farm
    Nice time as we got to hold turtles, there was a large part of the park that we could not do because of the color wristbands that we had but again we only had so much time.
    View All 306 Turtle Farm Reviews
  • Wave Runner Tour
    Took a bit to get together and was a little disorganized but once we got out to was fun.
    View All 41 Wave Runner Tour Reviews
  • ATV Adventure
    Had a blast on the ATV, it was a bit shorter than listed on the brochure. They said we would be on the ATV's for 2 hours and would take a total of 2 1/2 hours- 3 hours. We were actually on the ATV's for about 1 hour and 20 minutes and took only 2 total hours, but we did love the ATV's and got to jump off a cliff into the ocean.
    View All 7 ATV Adventure Reviews