3. Norwegian Jewel
    We started our vacation with two days in London before going to Dover.  We did all the arrangements are on own and saved money even though we stayed at the same hotel that the cruise uses.  We took Silver fleet to Dover and it was fast, efficient and cost effective.   We planned this cruise based on the ports, We were orginally booked on Carnival but they cancelled their Baltic Cruises due to the economy.  This cruise was the best price with the same ports.  I was nervous about taking an NCL since I had not heard good things about the free styling but we decided to try it anyway.   Our stateroom was a balcony room in the center front of the ship.  It was an excellent room and I loved the design of the bathroom.  Plenty of storage space and I packed alot.  The ship was attractive and very clean.  It was a little smaller than ships I have recently been on but it was very well laid out.    We did not do alot of specialty restaurants.  We did do Tangos and Mama Italian. Both were very good and the service in both restaurants was excellent.  Too much food.  The food at Azure was good but not great.  The amount of food is limited both in selection and quantity compared to the other restaurants.  However everything I ordered was good and we found the service was excellent.  This was one of my concerns.  The other was waiting to get a table.  We never had a problem but we eat early, before 7 so that was never an issue for us.   NCL's wine package was not good for us.  I am the wine drinker and you had to buy 10 bottles. That is too much for me.  The wine selection was not great and the prices were not good.  I bought a couple of bottles and found they were very high for what you were purchasing but you are a captive audience.  The wine at the bars has different prices for the same wine which I didn't get.  The best place for wine I found was the Jave Cafe and I found that too late!  I attended a Cruisecritic meet and greet and was impressed that the ship's staff including the captain took the time to talk to us and discuss our concerns about St. Petersburg.  We lined up at 7:15am and were off the ship in 15 minutes.  NCL did everything right there.  They fixed the problems they had on previous cruises and did what they promised us.  We were not put after the NCL excursions.  In fact we were off before they started coming off the ship and day 2 in even easier.   The activities we attended were all good but I think there could have been more.  I enjoy the lectures and those were few if you don't count the shopping ones!  We did not go to many of the shows but the two we went to were wonderful.  Cirque de Bijou is not to be missed!   Service was excellent everywhere and we had wonderful cabin stewards.  Everything was always very clean.  Disembarkation was so easy and fast we could hardly believe it.  Our bags were easy to get to and we were on the bus to Heathrow in no time.  We took 3 NCL excursions and they were good. Warnemunde was the best as we decided not to do Berlin with the long train ride and instead Glasglow which was one of our favorite ports.  Pass on those Ice Bars...what a disappointment.  We did independant tours in St. Petersburg and we went on our own in Tallin, Helsinki.   In summary, we had a wonderful time.  The weather was good, sunny no rain on port days. We were blessed that way. I would sail again with NCL.

Great ports and good service

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Irishlady5