3. Star Princess
We chose this cruise because we needed to be in Honolulu on the 26th and this cruise did that. We have done this Christmas New Years cruise before. The Star is looking worn. The food was only ok. Service was good. The children were not a problem this time. A few years ago they ran wild and it was horrid. Let me get right to the issues. 1 going through immigration in Honolulu: 1 1/2 hours in line waiting to get off the ship. Bad planning by Princess. They sent everyone a letter with instructions on when to get in line. Not 1 person followed the instruction. We went 3 hours earlier than instructed and so did everyone else. tours were delayed and it was a big cluster of mess. we almost missed our grandson's christening on Waikiki. The staff tried to blame it on immigration but it was really Princesses bad planning. When we got our instruction we went right to the front desk and they told us to go when we needed to. I think everyone else got the same instruction. 2 Tendering in Maui. I don't know what the problem was or why and I don't care. People were stranded and were not tendered to the ship until way after we were to leave. 1 1/2 hour wait to get back to the ship. 3 BUGS the first time I heard about the bites was from my trivia partner who showed this huge bug bite. He said his wife had a bunch of smaller bites. He went to medical and was put on antibiotics. They said he must have gotten bit on shore. We had 5 days at sea. On the third day at sea my husband shows me these bites all over his legs. We spoke to other people who said they were spraying constantly. This ship has an infestation. 4 The food got worse with each day. The good things: We met great people. Had a great time. I guess it is good to loose weight on a cruise.

Not a cruise without issues

Star Princess Cruise Review by Runbarb55

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Hawaii

4 The food got worse with each day.

Runbarb55’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Cabin E319
Our cabin was great it was barely obstructed. Emerald deck is in the middle. This is a nice cheap cabin.
  Star Princess Deck Plans