3. Celebrity Millennium
I retired from the Police Service after 30 years and this was a retirement present to ourselves. What a big let down. We had been told that Celebrity was a 5* cruise experience but this was not our experience. We paid a wee bit more and went for a Concierge balcony cabin on deck 7. To say that we were disappointed with the cabin is a vast understatement. The whole ship is just plain tired. The paint work on the balcony has rust coming through where they have clearly skimped on the maintenance. The only way to describe the cabin is tired and run down. The top sheet had what appeared to be dried blood on it. The bottom sheet was frayed and torn and there were numerous black spots on the pillow case. The valance was worn through and dirty. There was an electrical socket with the cover lying off of it and the socket was loose in it's setting. The floor of the shower tray was loose and I couldn't believe that a supposed 5* company still used a shower curtain. The shoddy decor and paint work was repeated throughout the ship as was the somewhat dirty appearance. The staff gave the impression of "get as much money from the guests as you can". This was the case from the minute that we stepped on board. I found the dining to be very average at best with shoddy service from a number of rude members of staff. Eating in the premium restaurants was excellent but you had to pay for that privilege. I found the shore excursions expensive and you were never given enough time to enjoy the sights. When you docked, it was in industrial ports and a long drive from where the sights were. I could go on but it would only frustrate me even more. This was not what I had been led to believe Celebrity Cruising was all about. The ship is very tired and in need of major surgery.

Big let down

cumbrian cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Millennium price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 7197
The size of the cabin was on the small side but adequate. I have already listed all the issues around the cabin and it is generally a very tired cabin but there is no excuse for dirty linen or the damage to the woodwork. The rust has been over painted and is showing through.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins