3. Celebrity Equinox
My first time cruising and I had no idea what to expect. Firstly the size of the ship amazed me. My cabin was far larger than I thought possible. I was on the 6th deck with balcony and it was more than adequate. Robert kept my room spotless and got me out of trouble on more than one occasion when my cabin key would not work. Although the ship was full I never felt crowded in and there was plenty of space to lounge, no shortage of sun beds, chairs etc. We went to the main theatre each night and enjoyed the shows, and, last of the big spenders, spent $5 on some evenings in the casino. Plenty of different Bars, Library, swimming pools, whirlpools, jacuzzis etc, etc. We ate in either the Ocean View restaurant, buffet with plenty of choice or the Silhouette restaurant where we were looked after by Sampson, Ni, Desi and Jennifer and others all of whom were more than able and gave us every attention All had a good sense of humour so mealtimes were very enjoyable. The meals were excellent, very well cooked and presented. Could not fault the service wherever we went. One of our party had to use the medical facilities with no problems. Getting on and off the ship at the various ports was quick, no queuing, straight on and off with no hassle. Bags had to be scanned when we came back on board but this did not delay boarding. My only gripe would be the cost of wifi and though it was nice to go wifi-free for a while I was not able to Skype my family abroad on Christmas Day as even data roaming on our mobile phones was blocked.

First Timers to Cruising

Mandeli’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2B
Spotless, larger than expected.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins