Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review
1,827 Reviews

Check your mattress for urine stains.

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Calpespain

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

Celebrity Constellation:

This is my 10th time on RCI with Celebrity and with over 40 cruises under my belt this one takes the biscuit. When travelling on the now sold Century last year upon checking the mattress we found one of them to be badly stained with urine, so this time we checked again. This time both mattress’s were really badly stained with urine. When pointed out to the cabin steward he tried to say the stains were sweat. I called the deck supervisor who agreed with me it was urine stains and immediately removed them from the cabin. For both to be so badly stained and not newly so, I suggest everyone of you check your mattress before you sleep on any Celebrity ship, as for us this is not an isolated case as to have two in one cabin is simply bad management and supervision of these highly paid via tipping cabin stewards.

Food on this cruise was extremely poor quality cuts used and grades of meat along with small quantity portions sizes. No fish available every day on our 14 night cruise, fish available twice on the menu apart from Salmon on the fixed nightly menu. Dessert selection down to 2 which change every night and 2 on the fixed menu. Poor selection overall, very low grade and simply not worth our US$575 per night cruise price paid to be served a meal which costs no more than $3 per head per meal…Celebrity have lost the plot and this abysmal downgrade of food style/quality and quantity is simply not acceptable to a cruise line which advertises itself as premium quality cruise line.

The food shown in pictures on their advertisements is nowhere near what is actually being served. The Food and Beverage Director was dismissive of any complaints and actually rude in his demeanour saying all Celebrity ships now serve the same menus and quality of food. I will say, it seems even at $50 a head to upgrade to the celebrity speciality restaurants is a little over the top, considering you have already paid for the food in your expensive ticket price. Is Celebrity going bust or paying the CEO and shareholders so much money, there’s nothing left to feed the guests good quality food anymore. This was my worst cruise experience ever.

Calpespain's Full Rating Summary