I was on the Granduer for Christmas just last year. The only difference is that last year RCCL offered 2 week long cruises over the holidays, when this year it was 1 12-day cruise over both Christmas and New Years. Compared to last year:
1. Qualtiy of food drastically went down.
2. Dinner menue selections were repetitive.
3. Quality of both dining room and cabin steward service drastically went down.
4. Entertain was just plain bad. Most in my group of 20 (who are Emerald & above Crown & Anchor members), either walked out of each show or sat through them and complained about how bad they were.
5. Only thing on the TV that ever changed was CNN and Sports. They continually ran the same episodes over and over and over.
6. All but 2 movie was geared toward children. Christmas children's and animated shows are expected, but after Christmas, they still ran the same kid's movies in the Palladium and on Pool Deck: Angry Birds, Minions, Annie were each show 3-4 times each. James Bond's Specter (1 time) and Suicide Squad (2 times) were the only adult movies shown and not until January 2nd, the 10th day of a 12 day cruise.
7. Never had an outdoor luch barbecue.
I would not recommend the Grandeur, except for the fact that it leaves out of Baltimore, so we didn't have to fly.
Worth every penny plus more. It's cheaper to buy on board the ship, than it is to get a taxi and pay entrance fee.View All 21 Sea Lion Swim Reviews
The Island tour included 1 1/2 hours at Fort James Beach. The land portion was way too long and many wondered when they were going to get to the beach.View All 194 Island Tour Reviews
Beach Break was at Harbour Lights beach & bar. Very Very Very nice. What was surprising was that the ship offered an excursion to snorkel & swim with turtles & ship wreck and go to beach, for $$$$$. Harbour Lights offered it for only $10.View All 167 Beach Reviews
This is actually a Dophin & Whale Watching excursion. We saw lots and lots of dolphins, but not any whales. Maybe next time, whales will surface too.View All 24 Whale Watching Reviews
Very good tour. Covers both the Dutch and French sides, with 45 minutes to wander on your own on the French side.View All 437 Island Tour Reviews