3. Norwegian Sky
We chose this cruise for the price and the open bar concept. We were not disappointed. My husband and I spent $1000. for both of us to sail on this four day cruise including a balcony cabin (well worth the extra cost) I spent every evening sitting on the balcony watching the clouds and the stars, it was amazing. I even saw a few falling stars!!! We have been to the Bahamas before, so there wasn't a lot we wanted to do ashore. The private island, Great Stirup Cay was the best. You can rent a clam shell that shields you from the sun for $29.00 for the day. Well worth it. Open bar there too. The only thing I didn't like was the hours for the BBQ on the beach. We had a big breakfast and we weren't ready to eat again before 1pm when they closed the buffet. The water was warm and pretty and it was a really nice experience. Another tip I got from reading these reviews was really valuable. Eat all meals in one of the Main Dining Rooms. You can have a sit down breakfast and be waited on and order whatever you want. It was a relaxing way to start the day and the food and the service were very good. Ate at the buffet twice and didn't like it. The food was cold and not very appetizing. Dinner in the Main Dining Room was also good. You can upgrade your meal (get Lobster for an additional $25) if you want something special. Loved our cabin. Service at restaurants and bars very good. Good food in the Main Dining Rooms. Good drinks (had to ask bartender to add tonic to my drink, it was too strong). Wine was of decent quality. Overall staff was very good. The entertainment is not really my favorite. I don't care for song and dance shows that are staged on cruise ships. I think they are amateurish and boring. The comedian was all right. My favorite was Jeff on guitar and the combo who played on Deck 6 Atrium lounge. For the price, it was great. Just relax and have fun.

Good Value

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by choclatelab

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

For the price, it was great. Just relax and have fun.
choclatelab’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
Loved the balcony cabin. Great star gazing at night. Peaceful and relaxing.
Fjord Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins