3. Carnival Inspiration
Had a great time on the Carnival Inspiration 6/20 sailing out of Tampa.  As I've written before in other reviews, Carnival is a line I want to hate because of the "fun ship" atmosphere (just don't like the idea of forced frivolity) but you know what?   I always end up having a good time (fun) on Carnival.   My opposition is waning and Carnival offers an incredible cruising value for the price paid.    Let me preface my review by saying we were traveling with a six-year-old which is why we selected the Inspiration, specifically because of the waterslides and the kid's club.   The Inspiration managed to exceed all of my expectations.  Food was excellent,  service was great, cabin was decent and crew were really nice.    Kid didn't like Camp Carnival, preferred hanging with the grownups and doing things like the pool and karaoke.  Can't say I blame him.  Other kids on board seemed to LOVE Camp Carnival.   One minor glitch was that bags didn't show up for several hours after the ship had left Tampa.    Eventually found them on a cart next to the pursar's desk.   Turns out our luggage had been left outside,  in the rain at Tampa, before loading on board, and the printout bag labels had run making the name and cabin difficult, but not impossible to read.  Each of the bags had 3 other plastic tags with my last name on it so I was a little disappointed that no one made the effort to send the bags down to our cabin, or at least call us and have us pick them up. Obviously we recovered our damp bags, and the Pursar's Desk offered to clean anything that was wet on the inside, an offer that was appreciated, but we didn't need.   If you're a regular cruiser you know what to expect on a cruise to I won't elaborate.  And if you're a first-timer there are plenty of other reviews on here that will fill in you in on the basics.   Carnival has a lot of nice, imaginative touches:  the adults-only deck at the back of the ship,  a sushi stand and a sandwich bar.   A special shout-out to the "Super-Charged" maitre'd.   He was a lot of fun and made our dining room experience special.   The guy doing magic tricks at the table was also a lot of fun.  And the waiter we had (a guy from Ukraine) was extremely pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable.  I wish him well in his Carnival career and beyond.   We also saw whales very close to the ship, so close that the crew were out with videocameras getting pictures.   Your kid will love the waterslides and the minigolf.   Have a great cruise and please don't forget to tip the cabin dude and waitstaff. Everyone works incredibly hard and if you have a good experience definitely show it (not just on this ship, but any cruise!)

Had a Really Nice Cruise on the Inspiration!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by CostaCruiser1

Your kid will love the waterslides and the minigolf.

CostaCruiser1’s Full Rating Summary