3. Serenade of the Seas
We drove down from South Carolina the day prior to the cruise and stayed at the hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise port. They have a deal were parking in included in the room price for seven nights. The extra 3 nights cost $10.00 per night. It also included 2- shuttle tickets to the port. We needed 4 and the extra passes were $10.00 per ticket. We've decided that our next cruise we'll take a taxi as upon return the taxi to the hotel cost less than $25 for four of us included the $5.00 tip. The Hampton Inn was nice with a small pool, but nothing to brag about. We would stay here again. We always like to arrive at the port early so we can be on board early and get some pool time. We arrived at 10;45 and were onboard by 11:15 sitting by the pool. Included in our group we myself, wife and 2 - 13 year olds. Since we were early embarkation was a breeze. We stayed on deck 3 which was very nice. We have a great room stewart as always. The cabin seemed to be slightly larger than other rooms we've stayed in. The main dining room was good, but not great. Service seemed a little slow at times, but nothing to too awful. We ate here about half the nights. We ate 2 nights at Izumi and it was wonderful. If you enjoy Asian food, I highly recommend Izumi. We also ate at Giovanni's and it was wonderful as well. We ate most of our lunch meals and one night at Windjammer. It's all good buffet style food. The dinner night the food seemed to be especially good, so might give it a try at night. A few miscellaneous things: My 2-13 years had a blast. As always they made friends and had a great time. Service for the most part was fantastic. The Christmas and New Years Eve activities were very fun. Based on conversations with bar staff, they did raise prices at the bars particually on sparkling wines and champaine. I thought overall the ship was in good repair, but does need a little TLC. My wife and I both purchased the drink package and found it worth the money and it makes the transaction of buying a drink easier as there is no check to sign.. average drink prices are: beer: $6-7 fruity drinks $8-12, with most being $12 liquer pours $8-10 I had a bloody mary in the morning, a couple drinks during the day, a glass of wine or two with supper and a drink or two during a show. Overall I enjoyed my experience and would return again.

Great Time on Serenade of the Seas!

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by methater

A few miscellaneous things:

My 2-13 years had a blast. As always they made friends and had a great time.

Service for the most part was fantastic.

I thought overall the ship was in good repair, but does need a little TLC.

average drink prices are:

beer: $6-7

fruity drinks $8-12, with most being $12

liquer pours $8-10

Overall I enjoyed my experience and would return again.
methater’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

• Antigua
    Taxi to Dickinson Bay where we rented 4 chairs and umbellas for $40. Cab cost $6 per person. Lots of people selling stuff on the beach, but we found them entertaining (not aggressive). They moved on once you told them you weren't interested. Jet ski for rent. Really enjoyed this and recommend it.
    View All 1,550 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    Levi from Bumping Tours was wonderful. We took the Champaine Reef snorkel, Ti Tou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls excurson for $50 per adult and $40 per child. The snorkel was wonderful as we saw the bubbles and many fish including octipus. The Falls were beautiful as well. A few words about the gorge. As described the water is very cold, but once you start swimming you warm up. It had been raining the day we did this tour and the current was very strong near the falls. We had 13 people in our group which is too many as people have to thread water until Levi can pull you up on a ledge next to the falls. While awaiting this you get beat up against the walls of the gorge. To me it was a little frightening and my wife got pretty bruised. I don't recommend the gorge if you're not a strong swimmer. Otherwise we had a great time with Levi and recommend him highly.
    View All 32 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Ti Tou Gorge
    View All 25 Ti Tou Gorge Reviews
  • Trafalgar Falls
    View All 50 Trafalgar Falls Reviews
  • Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    Stayed at hampton inn.
    View All 1,929 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    Took a taxi to South Friars Beach and Discovery Bay restuarant / bar. Rented four beach chairs under the palm trees. If you're looking for inexpensive place to spend the day, this is it. Nice beach very authentic.
    View All 1,699 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    Took taxi to Maho Beach. $8 per person. Maho Beach is next to the airport and we had fun watching the planes and playing on the beach. Ate at restuarant next to beach and food was good. I recommend this beach.
    View All 4,745 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    Sean was fantastic! Took us to multiple locations including beaches and snorkeling areas for inexperienced snorkelers. Also took us to Jost Vandyke for a wonderful lunch and drinks at Hendo's for lunch and the Soggy Dollar for drinks. I highly recommend Island Surf and Sail.
    View All 67 Snorkeling Reviews