• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Sun Review

Editor Rating
53 Awards

After 250 some cruises Norwegian Sun wins my Best Ship Award!

Review for Norwegian Sun to South America
twhitenss
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

Great itinerary! Great Ship! Great Crew! Great Price! Great Cabin! After cruising on just about every cruise line and after cruising more than 250 cruises the Norwegian Sun wins my vote for best ship. It is wonderful to see it back in the South America market. It would be nice one day to do an around the world cruise on her. The ship was in great condition and looked like it had been recently overhauled and up to date. The cabin was spacious and the bed so comfortable I hated getting out of it in the morning. The dining on the ship was elegant wherever you ate. Although I ate in several venues I felt that this was not a necessity as the food and service in the main restaurants was every bit as good. The timeliness of service was excellent. I thought the entertainment in the main shows could be improved on as I would like more shows with comedy and magic and entertainers interacting more with the audience. The classical music in the Atrium is one of my favorite things to relax to and enjoy every night before dinner. FABULOUS SHIP AND CRUISE!

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin BA

Port Reviews

Rio de Janeiro

Marvelous port which we explored on our own. Christ the Redeemer was a highlight!

Santos (Sao Paulo)

Fun to walk around!

Montevideo

Fabulous port with so much to see!!!!!

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $489