3. Diamond Princess
I have always wanted to do a cruise but for various reasons never did quite get around to finding the time, however as i had to be in Melbourne for a special function i decided to visit Sydney and from Melbourne fly to Singapore and meet the Diamond princess for my 10 day cruise. First impressions of the Ship was definitely of the wow factor, the embarkation process although orderly was too long but you tended to go with the flow as you were quite excited about the start of the cruise. Being my first ever cruise i could not compare with others in the industry but over the course of the 10 days one listened to others and did gauge a strong opinion to now present this review. The food overall was excellent, the Horizon catered for the "Seafarer" all day, i had anytime dining and spent most of my evenings in the Savoy, when i treated myself to the "Steakhouse" on my last night i was actually disappointed because i think the "Volume" of food eaten over the previous 9 days had made my appetite not appreciate what was being offered. I chose the "Bar package" and found the cruise critic invaluable in making my decision to choose the package, however although this was worthwhile i found that running out of my preferred drink after only 2 days at sea was very poor indeed. This theme of running out of stock was a criticism of quite a few people onboard. Although you are spoilt for choice it still did not make up for my choice of beverage not being in stock. The entertainment was average but Bravo was a brilliant show, certainly "West End " material. As for the other activities i did not join in on any so could not comment, although through the ships patter there was a wide range of activities to cater for all generations. Service was very good in some areas of the ship and less so in others, it was very much a mixed bunch. The Port and Shore options were well documented and the transition was very smooth,except for one journey in a "Tender" going ashore. I did two ship tours and two private tours , the latter not only where cheaper but better value and smaller groups created good company. So i would once again thank cruise critic for introducing friends and providing two days of fun whilst being ashore in Bangkok and Vang Tu ( Paul Rowe and Sen, Vang Tu Tours). Finally i did not fully see the concept of Art Auctions onboard and the wifi was far too expensive and slow, Please Princess Cruises can you readdress this please. Would i cruise with Princess cruises again it would be a yes and a No, as for my next cruise i would want to travel with another cruise line so i can compare notes. On docking in Singapore i did the 6 hr debark tour which was excellent but being dropped of at the Airport some 8 hrs before my flight home marred a final day, so would try and see if this area could be addressed in order to do some more sightseeing?

Interesting First Cruise

Hockey friend’s Full Rating Summary
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB B226
Very Clean Cabin however found it very claustrophobic, will defiantly book a balcony next time. No seating space just a bed so never felt comfortable to spend time in the cabin relaxing
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• River Cruise
    Great fun a must do watch out for the boat traders and the catfish
    View All 20 River Cruise Reviews
  • Wat Phra Kaeo
    More Buddas and Temples great gardens
    View All 2 Wat Phra Kaeo Reviews
  • Wat Po (Reclining Buddha Temple)
    very impressive Temple, was pleasantly surprised by Bangkok and the reaction in and around the area of the peoples reaction to the death of their King. The Grand Palace was shout on our visit except for locals. We dined on our private tour at the Royal Navy Club, a very good meal.
    View All 22 Wat Po (Reclining Buddha Temple) Reviews
  • City Tour
    excellent private tour with a private family traditional 7 course meal at Pauls country farm Highly recommended
    View All 94 City Tour Reviews
  • Botanic Gardens
    very informative tour on the 6 hr debark tour of singapore. Could have done another tour after the finish of this one as we were dropped of at the Airport with some 8 hrs to sit and wait for our flight, and Singapore airport is extremely expensive.
    View All 26 Botanic Gardens Reviews