3. Harmony of the Seas
This is the newest Royal Caribbean Ship with over 6,000 passengers. The facilities for kids were great. There was so much to do. The shows and attractions were so good for most and children will be kept busy. The shows were appropriate for all ages. The boat is beautiful and well appointed. My disappointment is very picky which I admit. I am use to higher end service and not paying separately for everything. Soda and coffee package was $214 for one person. Internet was over $100 for the slower package. You get a room card for your door but it you want their wrist band instead of hold a card, you pay $4.95. To use the showers in the workout room, you had to join. Very lame. There was also an odor in the workout facility that remained all week. It smelled like cigars. The onboard communications were LESS than adequate. The daily sheet was hard to read and did not stress important items like when to return to the ship on port days. The most aggravating thing was trying to fix problems. Call customer service(the suggested way to resolve solutions) and NO_ONE answers the phone. I tried at 10:30PM to get another pillow, no answers. For the first 4 days there was a constant wait at the customer service desk of 15 to 20 minutes. There were 7 or 8 stations for customer service but normally only 3 or 4 had employees solving problems. So just wait and twiddle your thumbs waiting. Specialty restaurants were booked about 2 months before the cruise. They advertise loads of restaurants but that is including paying for Johnny Rockets and having a few quick bite venues. So it was the little things that I did not like. But I do give them credit that the shows, facilities and things to do for kids was very good. I miss the library and onboard computers. I would only go on this ship if I had my grandchildren with me.

Great for Kids but Lack of Class for Experienced Cruisers

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Buddys dad

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

Soda and coffee package was $214 for one person.

Internet was over $100 for the slower package.

I miss the library and onboard computers.

I would only go on this ship if I had my grandchildren with me.
Buddys dad’s Full Rating Summary